Flying V review by Dean

Dean: Flying V

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

The sound on this guitar is the main reason I bought it. I play through a 1966 Kustom 150 watt head and a Behringer BG412F. For effects I use a DigiTech Death Metal and a dunlop Zakk Wylde singature crybaby. The clean sound on the bridge pickup is very bright. It sounds alot like the clean sound in ride by the vines. The clean on the neck pickup is extremly warm and jazzy. The distortion on the bridge pickup is lethal. It has screaming highs and thumpy lows. It doesnt have much for mids though. It has an extremly metallica sounding tone. The Distortion on the nbeck pickup is horrible. It gets really muddy and sick. But then again if your turn the volume nob down a bit the tone cleans up nicely and gives a nice bluesy solo tone.

If it was stolen or lost, I would get it again definatly. My favourite feature was the clean and distorted lead tone. It is amazing. Only thing I didn't like is that I had to spend the money for the whammy bar.

This guitar will last for my life. I've had it for 5 years and it only had a few nicks and scratches. Haven't had to change the pickups or anything like that. The strap buttons on it are extremly durable, they have never come losse and the lectronics are all original. I use this for every gig without a backup and it has never let me down.

The action is amazing. It is super low but not low enough to hit the pickups or fret thingys. It is easy to make huge bends on. The front pickup was adjusted to use distortion but the rythem was kinda well, messed up. The guitar besides the rhythm pickup had no flaws that I saw.

This guitar doesnt have much for features but it doesnt really need them. it came with a stock string through body system but I had it converted to a floyd rose w/whammy bar. It has two volume and one control, and stock Dean High output pickups. It is made of basswood and has a laminated top. The neck is super fast, which is great for players like me.

mxh
    ahh how much is this thing? either the first two know a store owner or the last guy got ripped.. badly!
    KIMB
    the VX is like 200, but the last guy obviously got the higher end model of this guitar.
    foxboxes
    yeah no dean guitars are actually called 'flying v' so im guessing they might all be different models
    Triviumfan54
    Get a life Angry Guitarist. The reason you're so damn angry is because you can't play guitar. Get your head out of your ass, quit pissing me off you faggot. I sent you that message for a reason. It means leave me the hell alone and quit being so childish. I am THE best neo-classical guitarist AND bassist in my area so in your face i have more talent then you will ever haev, you worthless waste of my time.
    Shredder Guitar
    this guitqar is actually called the "V 79." Its in the same model series as the v 79 and z 79. theyre all reissues from 1979, and they all rock