Flying V review by Dean

Dean: Flying V

Purchased from: West Music

Well I play some thrash like Slayer and Metallica but I also play classic rock like Pink Floyd and a little bit of punk as well. I love the sheer versatility of tones you can get with the simple set up of this guitar. Simply amazing. It sounds awesome on high gain settings, and doesnt't buzz or hum very much at all. I'm using it through a tiny Fender 15w amp, but that'll change soon. This guitar can make that tiny p.o.s. sound incredible. The simple set up is easy to get used to and it more versatile than any other guitar I've played.

I've been playing for about a year now. I'm self taught and this guitar is a good guitar. Not just for relatively new players like myself but also veteran players. I also have a Fender Starcaster (which is like a fat Strat) and this guitar owns that one. Nothing is wrong with this guitar, I simply love it. And yes, if it were stolen, I'd grab a large club and go on an insane rampage and hunt down the sorry bastard Who stole it. Enough said, this guitar is incredible. I high recommend it to any level of experienced guitar players out there. A truly great guitar.

Well, I haven't actually played Live yet. But, from what I've seen of this guitar so far, I know it would withstand a considerable amount of beating. I've actually dropped this from about 3 feet up by accident and nothing was scratched or anything. I can depend on this No Doubt. Casual playing is awesome. The only downside is the strap buttons. I have yet to buy some strap locks. The buttons are fairly large, but very short. The strap constantly comes off. that's my only gripe however, this guitar is built to last. Very high quality.

This is where this guitar shines the most. Good god, the second I saw this in the shop, I knew this was the one. The bright, brazilia-burst finish caught my eye right away. The back and neck of this guitar are a rich, deep, crimson/cherry color. The neck is incredibly fast and easy to do solos on, anything from slide to shred. The pickups were set up perfectly, as I knew the guy at the shop and he made sure to keep them in top notch adjustments. No flaws what'soever, except a small ding on the bottom of the lower body wing.

This guitar is a 1979 reissue. These reissues were made in the early '00s I believe. USA made too, I think. It has 22 medium jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard with a set neck. It has cream colored binding on the edges, and a string thru with Tune-O-Matic bridge though a "V" shaped tailpiece. It has one volume and two tone knobs. Mine has stock Dean pickups, which are really good for classic metal and rock. It has a 3-way Switch. You can get a very bluesy sound out of the neck pickup as well. It has an enlarged headstock (like the specs on the originaly 1979 guitar) and grover tuners.

iGuitarist
    Triviumfan54 wrote: beat down!! beat down!!! you just got served angry guitarist!!!!! FOL
    haha not really
    slash6464
    ordino
    slash6464 wrote: ok, 2 things, could some one please explain how the dropped d button works, i'm very curious, and secondly LOL trivium fan you suck ass!, omg your acting so childish and arrogant, you need to get your head of your ass, omg you gave me a laugh 'i'm the best neoclassical guitarist and bass player' great you can shred, and your good at it, and your the best in your are, WHO GIVES A SH** p.s. beat down!! beat down!!! you just got served triviumfan54!!!!!FOL
    hahaha, ohhhh he served you bad
    jamesdjharrod
    As nice as this guitar is, for the same price you could get a Gibson Flying V which is much more versitile. However, if you only play metal this is an awesome guitar. And triviumfan54 is a douche. I don't give a crap if you can shred, I know eight year olds who can. So yeah.....
    Josola
    I dont no how this button works but theres a simular button on a roland/fender guitar where basicly if your guitar is in perfect tuneing it kinda lowers the pitch of the bass nut thingy in the pickup to imatate drop d same if you had it in D tuning it would drop to C it changes the top string (the one closest to you when playing) down a half step so you can play bars in stead of power cords its good for metal/trash songs but yer.....O and nice guitar but umm humbuckers are pickups and ummm yer rock on....