Flying V review by Dean

Dean: Flying V

For a foriegn guitar it sounds delicious. It has a pretty good range but it ain't no Les Paul. It could be the amp that I play it on, but you never know. I play a lot of Metal and Rock and it does well with the solo's but not too well on the rythym parts. It has a brighter sound than I like, but it's better than my Squier Strat.

I play metal and it matches the Kirk Hammet style of a backup guitar. If someone else in the band that you play in has a really metal guitar than this is its awesome counterpart. I've been playing for 3 years, the only other guitar I own is my Squier Strat. I wished I had played on an amp that was the actual size I play with(Rookie Mistake) If it was stolen I would look for for a while but would probably get a new guitar(probably something I can sit with). I love it's sweet tone but it goes way too far on that account. The best feature is the fretboard, which if at all posible I would love to keep, no matter what. Compared to your casual guitars this ones definatly on the down low, and is waiting for someone to make it theirs. I chose this guitar purely because I had a low budget, this is the best thing you can have for that low of a price. If this just would have had a lower tone it would have been perfect.

Everything on this guitar is like titanium. It's withstood it's fair share of bumps and doesn't even have a knick in it. The finish is delicious. I would not only go on stage without a backup, this is my number one guitar. The only way I would bring a packup is maybe to get a different tone would be so that I could get a different tone, which I'm in to.

The action was pretty good, I just had to tune it and skrew around with the tone knobs for a while. I haven't had to touch the pickups because I'm afraid I'll ruin the awesome-ness. Not a single flaw out of the box. Just had to tune it. The fretboard is really easy to play on. Of course the only problem is that you HAVE to stand with this guitar, making it really hard to play. Beautiful finish and wouldn't trade it for anything but another color, maybe.

The features on this guitar were that it was ade in 2007 in china. Dual humbuckers, 23 frets, sunburst finish. Did not come with case or anything, just the guitar (and a truss rod) The nice V shape on the body and the headstock is cool. It was lacking in this department but I feel satisfied that I got it so cheap.

Zapht
    foxboxes wrote: yeah no dean guitars are actually called 'flying v' so im guessing they might all be different models
    yeh mine is a dean dave mustaine vmntx its friggin sweet
    GODSMASHERXL
    i just bought a DEAN V for 189 and it's better than my GIBSON FIREBIRD....this guitar is by far the best i have and if you don't have it you should get one p.s. triviumfan54 sucks man stick.....shut your ghey mouth because you phail...LOL PWNED
    TST2469
    I really like the sound of that drop D button... Would deffinently come in handy! and all in all looks like a great V ill have to try it out and see how it goes (Y) But does any1 know if it has a Heavy Metal sound?