HardTail review by Dean

Dean: HardTail

Purchased from: Music City Clearwater

This guitar has a nice blues sound in the neck pickup, and when the bridge is selected it is a nice crunchy rock machine. Add to that coil tap ability and you can sound like a Strat. Using with Behringer GMX 212 and several different pedals. This thing has a nice full sound very impressive.

I play mostly blues and rock, this is a perfect match. I have been seeking my tone and I have found it in this baby. Benn playing on and off for 20 years just screwing around, but solid for last 2 to try to get good. I wish I bought this instead of the Deluxe Strat I bought before it. I would definitely replace this if it were lost or stolen. I love the whole thing, looks and sound. I will eventually trade up for an american HardTail, but this is next best option.

I would take this guitar anywhere and be proud to have it shown against any other guitar any time any place. We all know that guitars are dependable, so that is not a good question, but this is one you won't be embarrassed to be seen playng Live in any forum.

I bought this as a Blem model so it had one or two dents on bottom of body in back. Probably less than most new guitars get in first six months and saved a lot on purchase. Other than that, this is a truly beautiful guitar, well made, set neck, grover tuners, really nice flame maple top, wow is all I can say. Knobs are nice and sturdy, no compaints, really impressive. All in all well put together.

Modeled after the $3300 USA beauty, the new HardTail Standard and Selects have a 'set' neck with molded heel, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fingerboard, Grover tuners, nickel hardware and two coil tappable humbuckers. The HardTail Select has a solid flame maple top and is available in Trans Amber, Tiger Eye, Trans Red, Trans Blue and Trans Braziliaburst while the more affordable Standards come in Flip Pearl, Classic Black and Copper Orange.