HardTail review by Dean

Dean: HardTail

Purchased from: Spots Music World

With the splittable humbuckers, you can make just about any sound configuration you need, from metal c southern rock. Very easy to get a single coil tone. Three way Les Paul type toggle switch. I did reverse the action of the switch, made more sence to me. Toggle Switch location is good.

I play in a cover band for 25 years and play a wide variety of music types and this guitar can do it all. I would buy another one if this one needed to be replaced. I love the finish, the durability and reliablility of this guitar. This is my go to guitar, the one probably use the most besides my Les Paul. I find they are very close to each other in playability.

I've used this guitar live for 7 years and only general maintenance and adjustments have been required. Stays in tune all night. Finish has held up very nicely and has no blemishes from the long nghts of abuse. Saddles and picups seem to tarnish from hand sweat. The tunamatic bridge stays in perfect intonation and tuning all night.

It was set up from the factory pretty well but required some personal tweeking. I raised the pickups and lowered the action a couple of milimeters. The intonation was spot on from the factory. Large speed knobs for volume and tone. Natural unfinished simulated binding on body.

2000, 22 fret set neck with molded heel. Carved flame maple over mahogony. Rose wood fret board. Strat style body with passive electronics. Dual humbuckers with two volume and two splittable tone pots. Grover tuners. Mother of pearl neck and headstock inlays. Chrome hardware, transparent wine.