Icon review by Dean

Dean: Icon

Purchased from: Roxie's

This guitar plays just about anything. It goes from an almost harp like sound to Metalica and everything inbetween with just the touch of a pedal. It begs for better equipment (yeah, I'm working on that). For now I'm using a DigiTech RP300A processor and a Peavey transtube 110efx (40watts).

This was the first guitar I ever owned and consider myself lucky to have found one that was easy to play and such high quality for the price. I wouldn't change a thing on this guitar. It has never met an amp it didn't like (and I've plugged it into several). When going to guitar stores now I play electrics just to see what I think is better. Those that are are over $1200 so this was a great deal and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Very Reliable and durable Everything is top notch and it will standup to anything. Solid all the way around. I've played this a lot in the last 6 months everything stays tight. I've only had to tune it a few times. The grover tuners are great. Finish is good and it cleqans up nicely.

It's put together well and it feels like they had me in mind when they made it. The neck size and action is perfect for my small hands. It has a cherry sunburst finish (not real thrilled with the look, but that's just me) of high quality. It was the range of sound that made me buy it. It could have looked like anything and I still would of gotten it.

This guitar (Icon P3) was made in korea and has 24 frets. Arched flame maple top, set in neck, mahogany body, 2 Duncan humbuckers and piezo floating bridge. Unlike the other Icons I can find it has a volume control and 2 tone controls (instead of just 1)along with 2-3way switches (instead of just 1). I got it used and it's just excellent.

Slash11214
    What amp do you use? Just so i know not to recommend or to try it and see what you mean.
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    another 10...stop giving 10s on reviews if the guitar can`t make almost any sound....like the jem7....