Jacky Vincent Signature C450F Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 08/07/2015 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Jacky Vincent Signature C450F
Dean has created this axe to suit the needs of Falling In Reverse's lead guitarist Jacky Vincent. With this guitar you can easily play all of Falling In Reverse's solos.
 7.9
 8.6
 7.2
 2,860
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Jacky Vincent Signature C450F Reviewed by: steven.dipietro, on august 07, 2015

Purchased from: Amazon.co,

Features: The Dean JCV450F is a Korean built guitar. It is Falling In Reverse's lead guitarist Jacky Vincent's signature guitar. It has 24 Jumbo Frets on an ebony fretboard. Maple neck and alder body. Jacky had the neck custom built for his fast playing style. The shape of this amazing axe is superstrat with extra cutoff by the 23rd and 24th frets so the player can easily reach them. The Floyd Rose Special bridge works like a charm. Double locking tuners and EMG 81/85 pickups. The bands I cover most are Falling In Reverse, Escape The Fate, Blessthefall, Bullet For My Valentine, and this does more than get the job done, it is a absolute beast of a guitar. // 10

Sound: My band plays a lot of metalcore and I do a lot of sweeping and legato. The neck on this guitar is incredibly fast, it is also painted, which some people like and some people don't, but it is incredibly easy to sweep. I play though a Fender Mustang 100w combo amp and a Third Angel Distortion pedal, and I can play all of Falling In Reverse's music and have it sound great. The EMG's sound absolutely phenomenal on acoustic as well. My Low Gain settings sound superb as well, but it sounds the best when playing modern scooped metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was very low (I do a lot of shredding so it was perfect) and it was perfect straight from the factory. The Floyd needed to be adjusted because I play in Drop C, but it was not difficult. If you aren't familiar with the Floyd Rose Special bridge, I wouldn't do it yourself. If you want a guitar that you can just shred the night away too, without paying $1000 for quality, it's a great guitar. If you don't like low action however, I wouldn't recommend it. I also wouldn't recommend it if you don; t want to spend 1-3 hours changing your strings, but if you can put up with the bridge, it is phenomenal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It always sounds great when I jam with my band and I haven't had any problems. However, the screws by the pickup selector have rusted a little bit, no damage to sound. I live in New England so the weather constantly changes from Hot to Cold. The strap buttons aren't the greatest, I actually dropped my guitar because they came pout. I now have Dunlop strap locks on it and its fine. Overall, it's a great guitar reliability wise, besides the rusting it seems perfect. After I dropped it, there was no difference sounds wise and I was still able to shred like an absolute monster. // 6

Overall Impression: I play metalcore, post-hardcore and modern scooped metal, and it sounds great, especially when soloing. I've played guitar for 3 years now and own a Schecter, LTD and a Jackson, and the JCV is the best out of all of them, the Schecter not far behind. If it was stolen, I would defiantly get the same guitar. It is great for everything I play. I absolutely love how it stays in tune (Drop C - CGCFAD) and I can easily play all of Falling In Reverse's solos. You can honestly just rip up and down the fretboard with it. The only thing I don't like about it, is the gloss finish, mainly because it's very apparent where the guitar is dirty, and it sticks out in the light. The pickups are my favorite thing on the guitar itself. Jacky is a huge inspiration to me and one of the reasons I started playing, and I honestly can shred like him when I use this beast, I strongly recommend it to anyone who knows how to handle a Floyd and wants to shred. // 9

Comments