MAB1 Armored Flame review by Dean

Dean: MAB1 Armored Flame

Purchased from: Room2rock

I personally find this guitar sounds exremely good. I played it through a Kirk Hammett stack and the EMG pickups sold it. Currently I use a Boss ME-50 and usually a wide variety of amps from Line6, Roland and the ocasional Fender (not mine, I just have...connections). Personally I really dig the sound of the 85, it has this full, punchy sound. The 81 is great too but most of the time I'm hooked on the 85. However here the SA disapoints. If you are on clean, and you wish to swtich from one of the humbuckers you lose about 75% of the volume. What is a bit unexpected is that you can get quite a lot of variety from this guitar even though it is at home on the distortion channel. I play anything from metal/rock to the odd blues and jazz. This guitar has more of a mid bright sound, what you'd expect for a guitar that is mainly used for shredding. One hiccup though, the sustain is extremely bad on some parts of the neck and the sound will only stay there for about 3-5 seconds before fading away, I think I will talk to my luthier friend about this.

As I said I play anything from metal to blues and although it isn't meant to be extremely versatile it handles different genres well. I've been playing for 2 years on electric guitars and about a year on Acoustic guitarss. I own a custom re-made Yamaha Paciffica 112J (new tuners, pickups re-wiring) and a Acoustic guitar made in the Czech Republic. If it were stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again, it just costs a tiny bit too much for what it's worth in my opinion. However I really love the WOW factor it has, it's an impressive guitar and I love the EMGS and the neck. I just hate the fret buzz and I'm praying that it will be fixed soon. I compared it to an Ibanez RG 1820X prestige and that guitar had an awesome neck. However I didn't buy it because I felt safer with getting a real Floyd Rose. I didn't think I'd use the Piezos and also I didn't like the stock pickups and maybe if it had DiMarzios on it I would have picked it up in an instant. And also, the WOW factor.

This guitar seems extremely reliable, obviously I'm not a dumbass so I didn't spend time bashing it around. Due to my careful nature I always bring a back up and the finish is suprisingly thick and won't wear off. The strap buttons are a bit small, which means I probably have to invest in some strap locks.

Hmmm...This ones a bit tricky. Honestly the factory set up was OK, then before handing it over, the shop set it up, thus fucking it up. But thats ok...I can fix things like that. The pickups sit fine and I set up the Floyd Rose. However thank god the guitar didn't come with any major flaws, the paint job was 100% no rusts or bad cuts or anything. However there is an immense amount of fret buzz. I will get it set up by a luthier and if he can't fix it...I'm probably giving it back.

First off, I have had this guitar for about a month. This is a solid body electric guitar made in Korea. It has 24 jumbo frets and abalone block inlays. The fretboard wood is ebony and the body is alder, the neck is maple. It has a cool looking 3D armor flame graphic with chainmail. It has a superstrat style body with three active EMGS (81, SA and 85). It has a main tone control and a main volume control and a 5-way selector and nickel hardware. It has an original Floyd Rose and Grover tuners and comes with it's own case and keys.

vaca11
    Im thinking to buy it or Ibanez Rg2550/3550 I love ibanez style necks How this is it ? fast ?
    Heideck
    the neck is as thin as ibanez wizard necks... great guitar but as usual for good dean guitars, you're paying too much for what you get...