ML 79 review by Dean

Dean: ML 79

Purchased from: Sound Control

The distroted sound is very thick and the cleans are immensly rich. It suits my style perfectly (power/thrash/death metal and metalcore) but is also very good for blues although with the shape of it I doubt most people would want to play blues on it. I'm currently running it through a 15w Peavey which gives a very nice bluesy sound. The only downside is that the cleans tend to disort at full volume, which not really a bad thing.

After playing for about 2 years I can safely say this is possibly the best guitar I have ever played. Its matches me and my music perfectly. If it was stolen I would hunt the person who stole it down and brutally murder them with a blunt object. Either that or buy a new one. I just wish it had locking tuners.

This guitar would withstand live playing no problem. I probably wouldn't even take a back up. The hardware and finish will certainly last. I've banged this beast on walls, chairs, tables and drum kits and theres not a scratcb or dent in sight. The strap buttons are well sized so theres little chance the guitar will take fall. Only thing to watch out for is the large pointy body. Be careful to look before you turn around.

When I bought the guitar it was set up perfectly. The action was just right and the pickups were in the perfect posistion. It looks absolutely awesome. The only bad thing about this guitar is that the G string has a tendancy to come out of tune while playing.

- Mahogany body and Neck - 24-3/4" scale and 1-11/16" nut - Grover tuners - Chrome hardware - Zebra pickups - Tune-O-Matic bridge - Set neck with access to 22nd fret - Rosewood fingerboard - Dot inlays (mine has trapezoid inlays) - 22 frets - 2 volumes and 1 tone control.

joe124
    i play hardcore and stuff like atreyu n trivium would u say this guitar suits that stuff?