ML 79 review by Dean

Dean: ML 79

Purchased from: ebay

My main style is metal and this guitar is perfect for it, the pick ups clean up really nicely too which is always good. I run the guitar straight into a Line 6 Spider 2 amp and occasionnaly a chorus pedal. The pickups are top quality passive pickups which are good for kinds of music from nothing else matters to Lamb Of God they have high clarity which is really nice and they really squeal when you give them gain to play with.

As I mentioned I play metal guitar and this guitar fits the styles great however I would suit other styles as well incuding rock (Foo Fighters and Muse sound great through it) and blues but the appearance doesnt't really suit the style. I have been playing 9 months and I feel since I got this guitar my playig has improved dramatically. If I was to have this product go missing I would kill the thief as this guitar was bought with inheritance money. But if that was not possible I would buy another guitar the same as this. My favourite part of this guitar is the sustain and clear tone as they heavenly when you hear chorus. I the guitar could have one more thing I would like either a flyod rose or better strap pins. But if any is considering a Les Paul or this I own both and this has beaten by Epiphone down in every catagory.

The guitar will withstand live duties it has been done already, however I recommend buying a straplock as this guitar will lets you drop it once in a while. When I gigged it before I took a back as I always have done no matter what I am playing but the replacement never left it's stand. The finish is good however the legs of the guitar do have a tendency to scratch off but you don't notice unless your looking for it.

I got this guitar off ebay secondhand and the action is perfect I was previously playing an Epiphone Les Paul and the action was not suited to my hands. The hardware is all in good condition cept the rhythm and treble switch has been taken off. As I mentioned before the actions is really nice and if you want to shred on this guitar there is nothing stopping you just yourself. I struggled to learn on a Les Paul but I am picking stuff much faster because of the fact the neck lets you glide.

The guitar was made in china in 2003 and has mahogany body and neck my model is in plain black as that is all the lefties can get, it has a string-thru body and tune o matic bridge. The Pickups are both humbucking deans 2 volume and 1 tone knobs and has grover tuners. The guitar when factory or shop bought comes with a lead plectrum and strap.