ML 79 review by Dean

Dean: ML 79

Purchased from: Peter cooks guitar world

I play hard rock/metal and as I started on a Strat with single coils the sound was not harsh enough for me. I only use it through my practice amp as it is the only amp I own. it makes a slight hiss, but bothing you would hear unless you listened closely for it. The sound is pretty bassy but that is the sound I like. It could be used for pretty much any style but is designed aesthetically for hard rock/metal.

This guitar is perfect for the style of music I play (Metallica, trvium and pantera. and as you will notice 2 of those are Dean endorsed). If it were stolen I would definitely buy a new one because the sound is amazing. I love the floyd rose bridge despite the fact it takes time to tune. When I was going to buy this I considered either an Ibanez or a Jackson but the Dean is much tougher and probably more long lasting than both. I wish it had black hardware rather than chrome but changes like that would defeat the point of a reissue guitar.

This guitar will easily stand live playing. It's solid as a rock. Just about nothing can damage it (within reason). The hardware is well built and will last. The strap bottons aren't of the locking variety but are once again solid. The finish is also very strong and can easily withstand most bumps.

When I got the guitar the floyd rose bridge was not adjusted properly and was balanced at an angle to the body. so I had to get the backplate off and have a fiddle, but this was easily sorted. The Switch cap on the pickup selector has begun to become loose but Dean are going to send me a new one for free so this is no problem either.

Made in korea, this guitar has 22 frets with abalone dot inlays. It is all mahogany with a black finish which covers the whole instrument apart from the fingerboard. The body is the classic V/Explorer ML shape (almost like a 3/4 x). It has a licensed floyd rose bridge with fine tuners. The pickups are standard Dean zebra passive humbuckers. It has a 3 way selector a master tone and a volume knob for each pickup. The package included the whammy bar and allen keys (as you would hope).

Dime_RIP
    y cant u ppl ever just let other ppl listen to the music they want to without being insulted, just grow up!
    damico529
    triviums ****ing gay so is atryu and other bands that are supposedly "hardcore"
    metallicax
    damico529 : triviums ****ing gay so is atryu and other bands that are supposedly "hardcore" POSTED: 04/21/2007 - 07:54 am / quote | Ur mums fukn gay u piece of wana be shit. go suck a big penis bitch.
    g1asseye
    It is definitely worth the money and the EMG thought is something I am planning, in the future, to do do my guitar. The floyd rose however is not bad but I'm sure an original would be better.
    shhaannt
    is this guitar worth it's money and should i replace it with active EMG 81/85 pickups or with an original floyd rose?
    the1
    For trivium get a Jackson or something for Ascendancy stuff, or any guitar with high-output pickups. This guitar is probably more suited to stuff like Iron Maiden.
    g1asseye
    i have actually played trivium on my dean ml 79 so can say for definite that it would be fine
    ihatethischord
    i have this also... great guitar but dont feel like reviewing it for ug... one of the reviews is wrong because its says lefties can only get black. not true. im a lefty and mine is transbrazilian burst