ML AT3000 review by Dean

Dean: ML AT3000

Sounds fantastic! The bridge pickup is very hot with thick mids, sounds great for classic rock and is very dynamic. Responds to various picking styles/attacks like no other. However the real gem is the neck pickup... It's VERY clear (you can hear individual strings ringing in chords), and sounds very sweet and warm. I use this guitar for classic/southern rock and solo work on pretty much everything. Great sounding guitar.

This is an amazing Korean guitar. The craftsmanship is impressive and it feels "right". It's a solid well built machine, but it's not a USA Dean or $4000 Les Paul either. It's not fair to compare it to something like that, but for the money it's top notch. I'm completely satisfied with her. My only complaint is the position of the input jack; it's on the inside of the horn closest to your picking hand when playing. It's a really awkward spot and they had to move the strap button about an inch to accommodate the goofy input position.

This is a solid guitar, no question about it. It's as thick as a Gibson Flying V and feels super heavy. Heavier than my Vintage 1984 ML. I wouldn't be afraid to take it across the country without a backup. The hardware all feels like it's quality and this instrument will stand the test of time.

When I opened it the tuning was wayyyyy off, but since it traveled during an ice storm it didn't surprise me. Factory action and intonation was spot on though, it didn't require any adjustments whatsoever from the box. The Braziliaburst finish was flawless! It's gorgeous on top of the bookmatched flame maple top. There was a few scuffs on the binding here and there and a little on the body but nothing major. The only flaw is a minute 'crack' underneath the finish on the top horn, but I can't feel it with my fingernail and you have to specifically look for it in order to find it.

-2010 Model -Mahogany Body/Neck -Rosewood fretboard -Carved Flame Maple Top -24.75" Scale -Abalone binding on body, headstock, neck, and abalone Dean logo -Grover Tuners -Handwound USA Dean "Baker Act" in the bridge -Handwound USA Dean "Time Capsule" in the neck -TOM Bridge -Black Hardware

Selin
    just saw one of these on sale on musiciansfriend i think for like $400
    Flux'D
    Yes this is the one Dean sent me haha. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite guitars
    jhalterman
    Own the Trans Braziliaburst AT3000 and love it. Baker Act pickup in the bridge is phenomenal and the Time Capsule is great for solos. Can't believe they stopped making them Luckily, I got mine for $300 after the huge price drops (over a 6 month period).