ML X review by Dean

Dean: ML X

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

The pick-ups do actually pretty good, even with crazy distortion and that's pretty much all I use cause I'm in a rock band Who play from 50's to now. Right now I use a Crate GT1200H Head and G412 Cabinet with Dunlap wah wah pedal, DigiTech Death Metal pedal, and a danoelectro tuner pedal. It can be loud when you turn your amp up, it's loud enough on 2 o'clock..has a really good tone for rockin out or if you feel a little blusey, and it can be really bright..you can make this guitar do anything with or with out effects.

I play anything with ROCK! Just the way the body is shaped, it fits that genre of music awesomely. I've been playing 3 years, but I'm only 14, but I've been in a band for 2 years. There is nothing I would have asked before buying it. If It got stolen I would buy the same one. I love the sound it has, I hate nothing about it, and my favorite feature is the body.I never did compare this to any other.I really wish it had a Floyd Rose tremelo but I will get one installed soon.

It can stand Live playing well b/c I jump around everywhere and it doesn't scratch easily. The hardware seems like it will last from how I've played and I'm gunna be with this guitar for a long time. The strap buttons were solid, but I installed strap-locks(it would suck if your guitar flew off you b/c your strap fell off). It's very dependable, I really don't need a back-up b/c this guitar is everything I need and wanted.Finish is very thick cause this guitar doesn't scratch easy.

The action was like any other guitar you first get, the action was set straight.The pick-ups adjusted very easy, Yes the body is bookmatched correctly and you can't see where they opened it, but most guitars, the paint job covers it.The bridge was routed properly. I've had this guitar for 'bout a year and I haven't noticed any flaws

This was made in Korea, but it rocks like its from USA, it has 22 frets like most guitars, has 24-3/4" Scale & 1-11/16" Nut, Maple neck, and Basswood Body, mines a solid type with a Transparent Braziliaburst color.The body is my favorite part of the whole guitar... Half Explorer and the Wings of the Flying V... It has a regular Tune-O-Matic bridge.It has passive pick-ups(zebra color bridge and neck)made by Dean guitars, but I advise putting in a dimebucker and a '59 Seymour Duncan pick-ups(not just b/c I'm a dimebag darrell fan either )..The tuners are locking grovers.

ironmaiden1313
    ldnovelo
    ironmaiden1313 : i find with dean unless its a signature model (razorbacks, dave mustaines....) that they aint worth buying.....
    it's actually the oposite. this dean is in par with other guitars on it's price range, and it even beats some; meanwhile, any Dime, Dave, Trivium or Razorback is worth about 3/4 of what their price tag says. this one is worth $220 new. the dimebolt, dimeoflage and dimeblade are $300, and they are all the same sh*t with another paintjob. they steal $80 for the dime name, and also, they make you look silly. srsly, who want's a guitar with some guy's drawing over it. he's dead, he won't return, you don't look badass with it. you probably didn't even know dime until he was dead. in the end, it's your money and your guitar. it's up to you to decide if you prefer having a decent guitar at a decent guitar's price, or having a decent guitar at a good guitar's price, along with a silly fanboy paintjob. sry if you don't understand my english
    Guitar God!
    Awesome Review!!! Seems like a pretty good guitar! Nice shape too, the x-plorer is the best style guitar! =)
    richard_edwards
    "Yes the body is bookmatched correctly and you can't see where they opened it, but most guitars, the paint job covers it." oh dear. learn what bookmatching is before you comment on it. on a plain guitar. with a paint job. oh dear, oh dear.
    pto654
    I have this guitar, it's definitely not bad for the price (I got mine for $200). It's got a kickass shape and pretty good humbucker pickups, however mine does not do well with drop tunings. Looking back though, I can really only recommend this guitar to a person that is a beginner and doesn't want single coil pickups
    stompbox
    i got one just like it took it back to get fixed 4 times ,it would never tune ,never would stay in tune .i seen they had 6 more on the wall picked one up and played it and it was the same shit i told mark at the store and he played them and seen i was bs him he called dean right then and there and told them to get there shit out of his store .dean was a the guitar 20 years ago but now they are a joke .
    P-H-O-B-I-A
    i've got one of these. sounds nice, but doesnt play entirely dreamlike, unlike my brand new parker
    jetwash69
    BMGRocker wrote: Finish is very thick cause this guitar doesn't scratch easy.
    Go listen to the White Stripes' song "cause and effect" If you want a Floyd Rose on a Dean ML, why not buy one that comes with it? Lot's easier, and probably lots cheaper too, for the price.