ML X review by Dean

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Dean: ML X

Purchased from: PAWN IT

This guitar is perfect for hard rock and metal music -- it suits me perfectly. I use it with a Line 6 Spider III amp. It gets noisy with a lot of overdrive, but what guitar doesn't? The guitar can make a very wide variety of sounds, anywhere from Pop-punk noise to screamo/deathcore riffs.

I play hard rock, metal, and alternative music. This guitar is a good match for all of those. I have been playing it for three weeks. I also own a Line 6 Spider III amp, which is my only amp choice, and a Fender Squier Bullet Strat, which sounds great with the Spider III. I wish I had asked how much this guitar was brand new, but I hadn't. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably buy something else to try out, but I would definitely buy another one down the road. I love the treble humbucker. I don't really hate anything on it. My favorite feature is the 22 fret neck. I compared this to an ESP I played at the pawn shop, using the same amp, and it didn't compare. I chose this one because it felt right. I wish it had a Floyd Rose trem.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing, and would be great for all-day or weekend events and gigs. The hardware seems as though it could last years before anything need be done to it. Strap buttons are solid and the strap hasn't fallen off yet. I can depend on this, and I would use it on a gig without so much as thinking of a backup (unless I were playing a set with different tunings.) The finish is good enough to last, and will likely never wear.

The factory set up is amazing -- dual humbuckers that are very well adjusted. The top is nicely set up. There were a few flaws in the body, a crack here, a scratch there, but that's what you get when you buy it used at a pawn shop in a backwater town. The finish is straight matte black.

This is by far the best guitar I have ever played on. The 22-fret style is perfect. Not too many, and not too small. The V-shaped body is perfect for playing either standing up or sitting in a chair. There is a volume knob, tone knob and a 3-way selector switch.

MAGGOTCFH
    xicetraex wrote: Umm, how can you give a guitar that was under $300 all 9's?
    Price means nothing