ML X review by Dean

Dean: ML X

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Like I said it is a multi purpose master. I play rock n roll like AC/DC up to metal like Lamb Of God. It sounds awesome no complaints at all you have to spend money though to get the best sound when you are talking amp and effects wise i.e. Dime amplification with higher quality effects like DigiTech. It does create a small amount of buzz with cheap effects pedals. the Variety of the thing is amazing I have no problem down tuning to play heavier stuff and then standard sounds crisp and clean if you want to jam on things like Judas Priest or AC/DC it is just worth more than you pay for take advantage of that for sure.

It is a beast it can match almost all types of playing but it incites you to want to play metal and really jam some fast and aggressive metal. I been playing of almost two years and have a Crate amp and a Dime Blacktooth amp it is magic on any of those two. I have a Boss overdrive pedal and it sounds amazing with it. Now if someone stole this I would beat them with a tube sock full of wood screws and take it back. I love the finish it just grabs you by your balls and heart and makes you want to play the thing non-stop til your fingers are bloody and numb. The only other guitar that I would want over this is a Dime Razorback Cemetery Gates edition or the Concrete Sledge edition Dean ML besides that I am very happy with this guitar and will be buying from Dean again in the future.

YouTube preview picture

I would take this live any day of the week and the only reason I would take a back up is because you can get so into playing this thing that you might (a one in a million chance) you will snap a string. The hardware is the least of my worries, the strap buttons hold very nice I would worry more about a spinal tap moment and tripping before this thing would fall. Even then it is so tough I wouldn't worry about hurting it even if you did trip. I have banged this thing on accident and not even so much as a scuff on it. If you take the time to clean it then the finish will never be a problem.

The people on here must of got the minority bad ones because right out of the box it was lock stock and ready to play only had to tune it that is about it. The finish was a thing of beauty it made me speech less when I first got it. everything was the way it was suppose to be people on here must have really got a screw job because mine was perfect I do not mean to gush but it is awesome. The only bad thing I have to say about this guitars finish is that it shows dirt but if you love your guitar this much you find cleaning it to be fun and an enjoyable process.

Wow this guitar is a piece of ART to say the least. I love this thing it is a Korean made MLX with the trans Brazilian burst on it (keep in mind it is actually darker than the websites show but for the better). It is a 22 fret multi purpose master (I play classic rock n roll to metal) It is a solid basswood with dual Humbucker pickups. It has a three way selector and a tune-o-matic bridge. the only negative thing I wish was better about this guitar is the tuners are non-locking but that only matters with this beauty is if you play extended sessions of more than about four hours then it is not a problem it stays in tune nicely. I love this guitar. a must buy for someone trying to join the Dean family.