ML XF review by Dean

- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Pearl Dot Inlays
- DMT pickups
- Gloss Finish

Didn't included any accessories but a cable. No gig-bag. It is not heavy at all. Dean ML XF Classic Black... It is an Dean ML X series... Nothing but a piece of sh-t. The Floyd never... NEVER stays in tune, the pickups sucks. Man, I really love Dean guitars, but this is one of their worst series (if not their worst).

I play metal, mostly groove, thrash and death (also brutal death) and this guitar fits my style pretty good! It can play from jazz or blues to extreme metal, very versatile. I changed the original pickups, because they don't give as much gain or bite as I wanted.. I have played lots of Dean guitars, and this has a good tone (but not the best)... BUUUUT, good tone for a X series. The bad thing is that this guitar has very poor sustain. I think it is because it's made of Basswood, or maybe because of the material of the bridge.

When I bought the guitar, everything was set up really good! All properly adjusted, no scratches or any rust. The Floyd Rose was set up perfectly and the action was also okay. I play on E standard, but since this guitar can't stay in tune it is a nightmare to even practice on it. I am tired of this guitar, can't wait to get my Dean ML 79. I have played those before and I got impressed great tone, only bad thing is the Licensed Floyd, but I will buy a Original one to avoid this problem, which is very annoying.

When I bought the guitar, everything was okay... Three months later I couldn't play a single note without going out of tune. I can't do any flutters, dive bombs, pull ups, or any Floyd Rose movement neither bendings. It is a nightmare to play this guitar as I said before... You get frustrated because you can't do anything without getting out of tune. I used to love this guitar, for the first month I mean. I have adjusted the Floyd uncountable times, checked the saddles, checked the locking nut, and everything it's supposed to be okay but it doesn't stays in tune. Also I have this guitar "repaired" by 2 different luthiers and the Floyd Rose stills going out of f--king tune!

I've been playing guitar for 6 years, and I do like Dean Guitars, but this is the exception! It is a f--king eyecatcher. Dean, you REALLY disappointed me this time. This guitar is kinda too expensive for what really is and plays, if it were stolen I wouldn't buy another neither accept it as a gift. Last but not least, the Floyd Rose needs to improve their Special Series and stop licensing all the sh-t out there... I've played Original Floyd Roses and... the Special series are NOTHING compared to the Original. I won't buy an Original Floyd Rose (neither another special/licensed) for this guitar because it doesn't worth it. Thanks.