ML XM review by Dean

Dean: ML XM

This guitar fits right into my musical style. I play classic metal. Straight up. Sabbath, Iron Maiden, VH, Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, etc. This guitar is great for that, and with a flick of the pickup Switch you can Switch it over to blues, which I also play. When I use it, I use it through a Crate 15 watt amp and the Line 6 Floor POD. The sound through this is great, espessially when you plug that wah in.

Overall, This guitar is everything I ask for in a guitar. It plays the type of metal and blues that fits right in with me. If I ever had ot lost or stolen, I would defidently buy a new one. Compared to a Strat or an SG I used to have, It goes above and beyond that, for a fraction of the cost.

I have used this guitar playing Live. It withstood 30 minutes of solid playing, and didn't back down. I think everything on this guitar can withstand a lot and not break down. It doesn't wear and tear the longer I play it at all either. When I did use it for a live gig, I did have my Fender stratocastor in the back, but All I had to do was make a non-necessary tune up halfway through. Just for overall peice of mind.

The only flaw with this guitar was the fact it had no whammy bar. Also, the tuners are very loose. Not all of them, but on my guitar, just the 2nd and 3rd string tuners are loose. The fact I tune before I play every time helps, but those strings come out of tune in 20 minutes.

The overall features of this guitar were amazing, except one thing. They should have installed a whammy bar. Other than that it is great. I'm not quite sure what year thios guitar was, but, It is 1-2 years recent. The weight of this guitar is incredable to. It's lighter than my Epiphone acoustic guitar! That's saying something for an electric guitar. There is a 23- fret rosewood neck, so you can just get that 1 higher note than a Fender.

Metalhead3333
    This guitar sounds like it has everything I need :O Thanks for this review! *goes out and buys Dean ML XM*
    Metalhead3333
    One question, what wood is the neck made out of? Because I don't want to buy a cheap wood guitar, as it can reduce the life of the guitar and tone.