ML XM review by Dean

Dean: ML XM

This guitar has a very definitive sound for a $200 guitar, the sound is very rich and full on clean and create bone crunhing riffs and blazing solos. I play a very varied array of musical tastes although I play mostly metal. Blues, jazz, rock, punk, and especially classic rock. This guitar given you have the right gear can pull of mostly any musical type. I was very surprised by the great sounding cleans this guitar made. I play it through a Line 6 Spider III with a DigiTech Metal Master. Again for $200 this guitars sound is a major steal.

In my band I play progressive-symphonic-gothic-metal. Which is a pretty intense genre using lots of diferent tempos and techniques and this guitar can definetly hold it's own. I've only been playing for about 3 years but I'e played everyday fpr hours since the day I got my first guitar, and I only have this li Strat and Line 6 Spider III with a DigiTech Metal Master. I probably shoulve asked if they had another one rather than the floor model. IF it were lost or stolen I'd buy another one at such a price. The thing I love the most is the sound it's deadly. I compared this to a Jackson Rhoads and this one seemed to have a more fuller sound and was easier to play to me. I only wish there was a wammy bar. Final Thoughts: If your looking into buying a good all around guitar or just like metal this guitar is for you, especially if your on a budget like me. You will never find another guitar with this kinda qaulity in this price range.

I'm about to play at a resturaunt in a while so I decided to upgrade my guitar. I totally spazz out on this guitar when I'm playing, it doesn't back down. The tuners were perfect, stays in tune even after pounding the living crap outta it. The strap buttins have held on to some spins and stuff so theyr solid. I would depend on this thing to play a Live show, but I would always keep a back up, you never know what could happen. The finish seems very thick and rock solid, I've given this thing some pretty good wacks and I can't even see anything, there is a hard lamination over this thing.

The factory set up was spot on, besides a lil problem on the low E rattling on one fret it was perfect. The way the pickups were set was amazing, right at the perfect height and positioning. Nothing is noisy, everything is in tip top shape. Only the three way elector was a lil loose but that's about it plus it was a floor model so yeah.

This guitar was made in China, has 22 frets, maple neck I beleive, laminated, basswood body, maple neck, laminated black, Tune-O-Matic bridge, passive electronics, volume, treble, bass, 3-way selector, Dean zebra pickups one in both neck and bridge and set up perfect, Grover tuner, and no accessories. Only readon it's not a ten is the fact there is no wammy bar.

fiendcracker
    i like classic metal, but switching to blues? doesn't soud like i could go to the heavy slipknot like sound i like at the flip of a switch.
    jasenyeller
    i just got this baby today and she can play really any type u wanti play some heavy stuff like slipknot and it sounds the same as my ibanez
    phatsack
    how is the neck heel on this? does it stick out or is it easy to access the upper frets?
    john5666
    Dead easy to hit the higher frets tbh, and actually, i agree, i've been playing opeth, machine head, slipknot and stuff like that, and then, i can flick it off and play the opening to rooster from alice in chains, the clean channel sounds suprisingly superb. and yeh this is probably the best guitar money under 200 quid will get you. i reccommend it
    i<3dean
    i have a dean ml x its wonderful yeah except the loose tuners but thats no biggy it plays great overall i love it
    Fenyx
    so, what does the black version of this look like? cuz i mite buy it.....
    shredmasterdevi
    the black version is different....i have a dean ml xl...its a higher quality wood but i love the thing to death
    d3monban3
    just how fast is the neck on this thing??? because if this as faster than my ibanez GRG170DX i will most definitely buy this...
    Cartilage
    MooshMooshMarc
    Cartilage wrote: i've played on one of these in a guitar shop and it sounds absolutely awesome, it sounded almost as good as the DFH through the same amp the only thing is.....the baby ml has better fret access..so i might get the baby ml instead any ideas anyone?
    but you'd look like a douche with a tiny guitar I love this guitar, cause it's like a v.. but you can sit down and play Tho when I ordered this guitar, they gave me the wrong case, so the headstock pokes out the top! but i got a patch lead and dean keyring so thats cool tip: neck pickup+wah pedal+****ing hostile solo= amazing!
    Cartilage
    narr the baby ml is full sized but easier to cart around as it has a 3/4 sized body though i might get this then save up to buy a kahler and fit that so i can divebomb and squeal!
    666-JoE-666
    Cartilage wrote: narr the baby ml is full sized but easier to cart around as it has a 3/4 sized body Yeah Lol, The Babys are easier to carry around, but the only thing is, in my opinion, it hasnt got the rock metal look of the standard ML though i might get this then save up to buy a kahler and fit that so i can divebomb and squeal!