ML XM review by Dean

Dean: ML XM

Purchased from: Reidys

I play mainly metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest etc.) and it sounds perfect for this. Both distorted and clean, on either pickup, this guitar sounds great. I only use a Marshall MG10 and a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 pedal. Of course, what with this being an 175 guitar, the pickups COULD be better, but I can't complain for this price, at the moment, I'm saving up for an EMG 81/60 set to improve this, but apart from that, it sounds great.

I play metal, and a bit of punk and rock, and this guitar fits the bill perfectly. I've only been playing for roughly 7 months, and I own A Marshall MG10, A Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, and a 1990 Jackson Dinky. When I bought this I also tried a Dean V, and a Jackson King V, both were over 100 more expensive than this ML, but the ML impressed me more than both of them in all ways. If this guitar was lost or stolen, I'd definitely buy another ML, this is by far the best guitar in it's price range.

I haven't had the chance to use this guitar Live, but I reckon it'd survive a gig without hassle. the hardware is sturdy, and will last a while, my strap has never fallen off my guitar once, the finish is durable, and shows no sign of wearing after 5 months of playing (and I certainly play it a lot).

The guitar was flawless from the moment i picked it up... no fret buzz whatsoever, the pickups were adjusted well, the controls were set perfectly, the body finish was and still is flawless, perfect. :)

This guitar was made in China, it has a 22 fret scale, with a maple neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and a lightweight (first thing I noticed about this guitar) dark wood stained Paulowinia body in the distinctive ML shape. It has a tune-o-matic bridge, passive Dean stock humbuckers, with one volume control, one tone control, and a 3-way selector, it also has stock tuners which are non-locking. This guitar came with a gig bag for an extra 10.

rockerrocker101
    Im an amatour guitar player im thinkin about buying an mlxm, but i need to know if theres any major problem.