Razorback DB review by Dean

Dean: Razorback DB

Purchased from: eBay

I am running this bad boy through a Line 6 75Whd stack. i bought this thing so cheaply because its wiring was defective ...I fixed that up and turns out the pickup selector shorted out, so the neck pickup was always on, so it gave it a more chucky sound...later I added later a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker (which has a lot of treble) and it sounds amazing..this guitar completely suits my musical style (Heavy Metal) I can easyily produce harmonic squeals ala Zakk Wylde, insanely powerful riffs like that of the late-great Dimebag darrell.

I play Metal..from Thrash to Groove, from Death to Classic. It is a fantastic match for my playing. I've been playing for about 3 years. I own a Peavey Rotor EX, BC Rich Avenge SOB, Fender Std. Strat. If it was stolen I would kill to get it back...but if thats out of the question I wouldn't buy another one..this one isnt the same as the other ones. I love the overall shape of it...its pretty freaking gnarley.

I could gig this, no backup, no worries. The only problem I've had with the finish was the little chip on the back. But thats it. The buttons are completely solid...and the hardware aint goin nowhere. I have giggd it a few times..its a sure thing that this will Drive the cround crazy.

The action was fairly high for my tastes. The pickups and wireing were faulty (but remember all guitars are different..even one of the same make and model). Yeah this guitar was flawed..but thats what gives it it's personallity. the bridge is fine.. the finish is perfect..and its overall pretty good.

This guitar was made in 2007. I have no idea where it was made..possibly Korea. 22 Frets, nice n thin neck. Rosewood fretboard. The neck is maple and odd enogh about mine is that its bodywood is Mahogany (I know this because a dime-sized chip revealed the bare wood on the back of the guitar. The finish is a solid black. Razorback styled, but later I painted on a Zakk Wylde Bullseye finish. Tune-o-matic bridge, passive electronics, 2 vol 1 tone, 3 way pickup selector. The stock pickups are just the Dean generic passive humbuckers. and it is equipped with grover tuners.