Razorback DB review by Dean

Dean: Razorback DB

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play mostly rock/metal. I use it with a DigiTech Metal effect pedal and a small 15 watt practice amp. It sounds amazing and I have had no problems with noise

I play mostly rock and metal and this guitar is perfect for it. I have been playing about 4 years now and I own a Fender Strat as well. If this were lost or stolen I would buy another one, or a BC Rich Mockingbird seeing as I have always wanted one. I love the sustain and the looks of this guitar. It's a tad heavy but I have no other complaints about it. My favorite feature would have to be the Floyd Rose Bridge. When I bought it I was torn between this and a BC Rich Mockingbird. I chose this one based on shape and reviews I had heard from my friends. Amazing Guitar all together though.

I have used this guitar live and didn't even need to touch my back-up guitar. Stayed in tune, looked and sounded amazing. Hardware hasn't loosened up at all and this guitar is extremely dependable and I would (and have) use it in a gig with no backup. The finish seems to be staying on and hasn't seem to have worn down at all.

It was set up well at the factory and everything came out fine, no flaws rus or anything. My only problem was with tuning it. I had never used a Floyd Rose before and had no idea how to tune it or change a string, ended up breaking a string trying to tune it. Other than that, perfect.

I bought this over the summer, made in the U.S. And has 22 frets. Also has a rosewood fingerboard with a bolt on maple neck. Body is basswood and has a scale of 23-3/4". Fast neck and very nice finish on it. It has a Floyd Rose bridge and 3-way volume switch. Pearl inlays with the signature DIme razor necklace on the 12th fret. Dean-designed humbuckers, black hardware, Grover tuners, and gripped volume knobs. Came with a soft case which hasn't failed me yet.