Razorback Two-Tone review by Dean

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
Dean: Razorback Two-Tone

Purchased from: Sam Ash

The sound is pretty good. The Dimebucker really shines with you have the gain on. Mean sustain and bite. Yet the Dean stock pickup is not as great. It's really chunky and doesn't really have a good tone. It was not that fit for me on distortion. It had a decent clean sound but had feedback here and there with it. This guitar is also very noisy and you will need a feedback gate for it. The high output Dimebucker makes lots of feedback. This guitar doesn't have too much variety with it. It's a straight forward metal guitar.

I play lots of metal but Switch on to different genres like blues, rock, and classical and so on. This does fit my metal needs but that is all. I own a ESP LTD EC-1000, Ibanez RGTHRG1, ESP Eclipse II, ESP LTD V-500, and a couple of others. This is one of the best when it comes to tone, yet one of the worst when it comes to craftsmenship and features. I mean it is kind of sad when a 600 dollar guitar is built better then this 1, 100 dollar guitar. It's not that bad of a guitar, but it is extremely over priced for what you are getting. If it were stolen, I would not buy another. I love the Dimebucker tone, But I hate the stock neck pickup and the craftmenship as well as the licensed floyd rose. Comparing with with the ESP LTD M-1000 which is 900 dollars, you get all the top features in the M (even a Original Floyd Rose) for just under a thousand and there both assembly line. If there is anything I wish, it is that I would have tried it out more and not have believed the hype. Just not bought this guitar period. As I said, Nice guitar, but Dean is ripping you off, The guitar should be $600-700 if anything. Don't buy it. I'm selling this guitar now. Just take my advice and look into the features of other guitars. It's a rip off. I can not have been more displeased.

This guitar can withstand Live playing but I'm not sure for how long. I'm really questioning those lines on my guitar of where it's glued. Not only that but it has a extremely thin paint job. I compared that paint of it on all my guitars including my ESPs and a Ibanez and none of them had a paint job as thin as the one here. It chips easily. I think it'll wear with time. For those of you who would point out people like Trivium playing them Live, remember the fact that they have the US models that are not assembly line products. The only thing that will last I would say is the hardware. It does seem extremely durable. This guitar is also suprisingly balanced with the strap-buttons. Yet the lack of craftsmenship is a huge letdown for the price.

The factory set-up was pretty decent. Perfect action. Perfect pickup adjustment. There is one problem though. The neck pickup for some reason tends to lower itself with time, which can get extremely annoying. Everything was perfect other then one thing. If you look at the back of the guitar closely you can see lines of where the guitar was glued together going through from the top to the bottom of the guitar. that's really disappointing when you buy a guitar that expensive.

I've purchased this guitar from Sam Ash after being so excited upon hearing of the release. It seemed so great at first but it is not worth the money. I believe it's a 06 model. Body and Neck are both mahogany. Neck features 22XJ frets on a rosewood fretboard with a V inlay and Razor on the 12th fret. The body is a extreme version of the ML. It has a black paint job with a silver lining. It's put together with a set-neck construction. The hardware is black and features a licensed Floyd Rose tremolo and grover tuners with a locking nut. The traction knobs are kinda cool, they seem to have this look like a solder iron was stuck into they and makes easy for volume and tone switching. It has a passive Dean humbucker neck with a Dimebucker in the bridge controled by a 3-way toggle. It included a case fit for it and the tools for the nut and bridge. For the money you are paying, it is a rip off to a licensed floyd rose. Not to mention a little Dean stock humbucker that they don't even name in the description.

SMK626
    to the guy above my review... YOUR REVIEW MAKES NO FREAKIN SENSE. its 1 tone knob, its not a US model, theres no mother of peral, its a licensed floyd, it's a dean stock pickup, u review the wrong guitar o.O. and its made in indonesia.
    ml_03054
    to the guy above my review please learn to read...i clearly said that is it not made in the US !!! And i saod it is made in Korea or China !! i also neva mentioned the pickups...i also said it is not a mother of pearl inlay.....u must of misunderstood my comment
    ml_03054
    sorry to SMK626 i thought u meant my comment ...u meant deathbd... terribly sorri.! lol
    SMK626
    lol, its fine, just try and tell the difference between "review" and "comment". lol
    little_green_1
    were is the cheapest place in the uk that you can get one coz the cheapest i found woz somthing like 599
    mr kipling
    To everyone who says that the import models are made in Korea or Indonesia, you're wrong. It's made in China.
    dumb-metal-head
    for anyone who has complained that this guitar isnt any good for anything but metal, that is kinda the point rite? i mean look at it! it isnt designed to do sweet sh*t, it was made by dimebag, one of the best metallers ever. if you want somthing bluesy why would you buy this guitar in the first place? :s
    tulsa29
    to everyone who has played this guitar i doubt you'd have anything bad to say about it, i played it in my local guitar shop just yesterday and i could not let go of it, it was exactly 959 but retail price for you americans its $1099.00 so yer its worth every penny, the whammy bar is amazing so all you none beleivers simply f-uck you!!
    ibanez_guru
    Definately not worth the money. I played on and it feels like my old $150 jackson.
    mosherhamish
    cahshyjohn wrote: i Am Thinking of Getting a Razorback does anyone know where i can get the white and gold one like Matt heafy of Trivium Rip Dime
    it's not in production, a 1 of usa model
    metallirock08
    Brungage wrote: Best ever guitar!! Looked good on Dimebag.
    Dimebag never even touched these guitars. Razorbacks are tribute guitars.