Razorback Two-Tone review by Dean

Dean: Razorback Two-Tone

Purchased from: a friend (huge savings, I know)

This was made for metal. Plain and simple. But, it can handle other things with some attention to EQ and what not. The Dimebucker is bad ass for any kind of distortion based sound, but it can be a bit too hot for clean work. Adjust the tone for that, unless you just want to switch the pickup and go for that. It's pretty awesome for any kind of rock, hard rock, or metal sound. Pretty much what I play. Only giving it a 9 because of the bridge pickup. Dean could've done better.

I play rock, hard rock, and metal. Pretty much explains it. This guitar was made for those genres and made for me. With straplocks, this guitar is pretty much unbeatable for attracting looks with it's slick finish and awesome design. I was debating between this and an Ibanez Xiphos, because that was what I was originally looking for. But when my friend told me about selling his Razorback, I knew I wasn't going to get a deal like this for a very long time. I've gotta thank him for that. This guitar just feels right, and although it's not exactly fitting that I have this guitar since I've only been playing for 4 years, but I think this guitar will help me progress how I couldn't have before. Alongside my Mesa/Boogie V-Twin pedal pre-amp, this guitar will be kicking people in the gut at gigs for a long time to come. Just wish the neck pickup was better.

This guitar is tough. No Doubt about it. I'm not sure how well the paint holds up, but then again, this is a used guitar. I don't know how well one of the points was treated, considering the paint has been chipped off. Kinda makes me want to punch him in the gut with the point. But, I got the guitar for half price cause of him, so I have to make due with some things. But it is a very reliable guitar, even for having it for 4 days.

This was setup at a guitar shop and my friend left it the way it was. It's currently in Standard tuning down two whole steps (C Standard, so Arch Enemy and Dethklok tuning). Little to no fret buzz is present and it really rocks. Tuning holds really well on this guitar. I haven't really had to adjust the tuning at all for the past 3 days.

Basically like everyone has said about it's make. It came with a Dimebucker pickup in the bridge and whatever brand neck pickup. Black finish with the silver outline (beautiful on a guitar like this). Floyd Rose bridge, and it holds up great. Add in an extra spring or two, and it becomes tight but awesome (like most other floyds I assume, but this is my first Floyd Rose guitar I've had, so yeah). Has 3 knobs, one for volume, and 1 tone knob for each pickup. Pretty basic features, but it rocks and Dime knew what he was doing when he designing this.

Jaffaps2
    Mine is signed by Michael Angelo, not the painting noob the guitar guy!
    roosterfx1
    soul_taker wrote: Shinozoku wrote: cahshyjohn wrote: i Am Thinking of Getting a Razorback does anyone know where i can get the white and gold one like Matt heafy of Trivium Rip Dime The Dean custom shop, I'm pretty sure xD I'm thinking the same as you, I love white guitars with gold appointments. Especially the pointy ones Didnt he play a razorback with that extremely well done "rust" finish?
    well now he's got his own proper signiture model which is based on the old ML. Its white with a japanese rising sun style paintjop, a huge ass "T" on the headstock and that cool little circular trivium logo for one of the inlays. it actually looks proper fukin sweet.
    ralleymonkey
    Hey since thers not a review for the razorback DB i was hoping for some help...i am seriously considering this guitar and was a lil iffy about the Basswood body. last time i checked that is super light and they sound not that great. im not sure thats wat i hear.. someone please help me with my decision, any help would be greatly appreciated.. thnx
    Guitar Sushi
    DB don't have floyd rose. It have floating bridge. No whammy bar. No Dimebag harmonics. DB Suck.
    richardsmith199
    Brungage wrote: Best ever guitar!! Looked good on Dimebag. Dimebag never even touched these guitars. Razorbacks are tribute guitars. POSTED: 11/07/2007 - 08:26 pm / quote |
    Far as i know, one of the last things Dime did was design these so he might have had one, but it wouldn't have been for long
    richardsmith199
    And these are made in USA or Korea... the usa ones are better quality but the korean ones are cheaper.
    fergz101
    cahshyjohn wrote: i Am Thinking of Getting a Razorback does anyone know where i can get the white and gold one like Matt heafy of Trivium Rip Dime. LarsHamfield wrote: I want Matts one as well how do i contact Dean custom shop and will the guitar be about 500 dollars like the Rebel Razorback. Well Actualy The Razorback Thats White with Gold Trim (Like Matt Heafys Of Trivium) Was Released From The Dean Custom Shop, And There Was Only 16 Made. So There Are Only 16 In The World. And If You've Got One You Are 1 Lucky Person! If Your Somehow Looking At Buying 1 That would Be Like $5000 - $10,000. Aproximately $8000. So Its Damm Expensive! I hope This Comment Helped You.