Razorback Two-Tone review by Dean

Dean: Razorback Two-Tone

This is definitely a guitar made for metal if you couldn't already tell that about the shape. I myself play lots of melodic metal, thrash metal and progressive metal and this is my guitar of choice. The dimebucker offers a very quality high gain sound. The first day I picked up my razorback I fell in love with it's sound and still to this day I believe it to be the best. Hammer ons are effortless and artificial harmonics are very easy to nail. Not to mention that it sustains like a champ. The neck pickup is also very agreeable, much better for clean playing and offers a very different sound from the dimebucker. With my uber metal pedal and my Boss EQ I can make this guitar suitable for practically any genre of music and I recommend it's sound to anyone.

This is an Ideal metal guitar. Every guitarist I know personally is at least a little bit envious of it. Definitely worth the grand it took to buy it and if I were to lose it I would replace it without a moments hesitation. The only drawbacks to this guitar is that it has only 22 frets, which isn't to big of a deal, and the top spike which jabs you in the ribs if you are sitting down. It is a great guitar for a soloist because there is no discomfort even when on the highest fret. And personally I love how light this guitar is. it is much lighter than my PRS SE Custom and even lighter than my brothers Jackson RR3. I love this guitar, hands down.

I've been jamming on my razorback for 4 years and have not had any problems with the hardware. It is definitely built to last and I say this because The guitars' lanky body has made contact with many walls tables. In one case it shattered my light fixture with it with absolutely no marks on it. In another case I knocked it against my wall putting a 1/4 inch hole in the wall, but to my surprise the only damage on the razorback was a tiny paint chip on one of the spikes of the headstock. I bring this guitar with me everywhere and it has been thoroughly beaten and still plays like it did out of the factory.

When I got my razorback needless to say I was stoked. It was back in 2004 and the high demand for razorbacks put me on a 3 month waiting list. When the guitar finally came it was as beautiful as any of the pictures you may see. No scuffs in the finish, and everything was perfectly adjusted and fine tuned. Even the tuning pegs were all set up parallel to the body. The action was high, as you may expect, and the bridge was completely level. To this day I have not found something that I wish was different about this guitar.

The Razorback is a nice guitar in that it has everything a technical guitarist would ask for. It features a solid mahogany body and neck with a rosewood fingerboard containing 22 easy to access jumbo frets. The double locking Floyd Rose is hard to deal with if you have never dealt with one before but in the end it is well worth it. it's a massive guitar (about 4 feet long) but still surprisingly light.

paul0461
    dimebag7 wrote: why is it called 2 tone?
    hmmmm i wonder why, cuz its only got one colour on it no BLACK AND SILVER BITS dumbass