Razorback V 255 review by Dean

Dean: Razorback V 255

Purchased from: Craigslist

This thing screams metal; nothing else. The EMGs are sick and don't make almost any noise. I run it through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec. I also own a Jackson RR3 which is another amazing guitar, but I prefer the EMGS in this bad boy.

I've been playing guitar for 7 years. I've owned just about every brand of guitar imaginable (except for Gibson's; not a fan). I play mostly metal and this is just about the perfect guitar for that. If it were stolen I don't think I'd find another one this cheap so I'd probably just go for a USA Jackson. But for the price I got it at it was a steal and I'm glad I picked it up. The pros outweigh the (few) cons in this case.

The guitar seems pretty sturdy. I think it'll last a while if I take care of it.

When I bought the guitar, I bought it used. It had no strings on it and there was a wire that had come unsoldered. I had it set up at a local guitar shop. It plays like a dream. The nut is a little sharp. Like I stated above I've seen some of these things completely destroyed in terms of the finish. It seems like it's an easy guitar to chip. So I'm giving it an 8 for the paint.

Dean Razorback V 255. Solid Body, 2 EMG's; I believe an 81 and an 85. 24 frets; Set neck. Mahogany neck, Rosewood fretboard, Grover tuners, licensed Floyd...etc. Typical metal guitar really. I do like the traction knob. The shape of the guitar is wicked. I'm not too fond of the enormous headstock, but it goes with with the guitar. This thing is a damage magnet if you don't take care of it. Also it came with a case.

F4K3
    Why is razorback 255 V so famous and razorback 255 two tone not?