Razorback V 255 review by Dean

Dean: Razorback V 255

I play metal and thats why I bought it. The EMGs work well and give it a powerful attack with distortion. Clean is ok but I didn't buy it for the clean tone. I play it through a Marshall MG100FX and a Boss ML-2 Metal Core and it sounds great. There is little feedback when using distortion. It is a great sounding guitar for metal.

I play metal, and I needed a better metal guitar than my Epi Les Paul. This guitar does that. I've been playing for four years and I own a Yamaha acoustic, andIbanez RG120 (a great metal guitar for the price), a homemade Strat my friend gave me, and an Epiphone Les Paul. This guitar is the best out of all of them. If this was stolen, I would definitely buy this again, but I would find the guy who took it first. I love the EMGs, they are great pickups, the floyd is great for divebombs and Dimebag squeals, the toggle Switch is kinda noisy but I can live with it. I compared this guitar with the ESP LTD V401DX and I went with this one because I love the razorback style more than the Mustaine V style. The things I wish it had is an original Floyd Rose and a killswitch, other that that, this is a great guitar.

I have not played live with this yet, but it seems like it could withstand it. The hardware looks like it will last. The strap buttons keep my strap on great, but it depends on the strap. I can depend on this, but I would bring a backup anyway. The finish on this is good enough to last, but I imagine the wings can get dinged up easily.

I bought my guitar used and it did not have any scratches or nicks in the body anywhere. The pickups were adjusted fine, but the floyd needs some adjusting. It goes out of tune sometimes when using the floyd, but a divebomb and pullup usually put it back I tune. I'm going to bring it to my local shop to get it set up and that should make it better. I did see a little bit of rust on the bridge though. Other than that, the guitar was set up great.

This guitar was made in Korea but I don't know what year. It has a 25.5" scale instead of the Standard 24-3/4". It has a rosewood fingerboard with 24 frets and a razor inlay at the 12th. The neck is a v-shape neck that is very comfortable once you get used to it. The body and neck are made out of mahogany. The body on mine is two-tone black and silver and looks nice. Also included are two EMG pickups, an 81/85 combo. The tuners are grover and keep their tune well. Controls are volume, tone, and 3-way selector. It comes with a licensed Floyd Rose and some allen wrenches to adjust it, and an extra spring. Mine also came with a hardshell case.

VengefulTANK17
    just bought the "blades" edition of this guitar from a guy on craigslist for $475.. it comes with the dimebag pickups instead of the emg's and im very impressed with it.. the neck is great for shredding and the setup on the floyd is great for squeals and dive bombs.. id recommend it if you can get one under $700.. it deffinetly puts up a fight with my schecter hellraiser c-1 fr with emg's..