Razorback V 255 review by Dean

Dean: Razorback V 255

Purchased from: Ebay Store

I bought this guitar brand new had I not been shopping around I would have had to pay in excess of $1000 USD. If I read the serial number right it was made in 2012. It's Korean made and has a 24 fret set neck with a 25.5 scale. The neck width is 1-11/16" (42.90mm) and has a 10" radius it's made of mahogany and feels very fat to me (I'm use to playing Jackson & Ibanez guitars). It has a rosewood fingerboard with pearl dime razor inlays as well. The top/body is mahogany with an explosion graphic and is a V shape, it's the first V I have ever owned but not played. The bridge is a FRS (Floyd Rose Special) with an R-3 locking nut & maintains the construction parameters and features of an OFR they just used zinc alloy for the saddles and sustain block instead of steel and brass. This guitar came with active EMG 81/85's and DBD traction knobs (Vol & tone) 3 way selector and grover machine heads all bundled nicely in a Dean Guitars hard-shell case.

This guitar will suit a metal guitarist and that's what I bought it for, I run this through 3 different rigs, Carvin MTS 3200 full with a Digitech 2101 studio processor, 5150 BL full also with a Digitech 2101 studio processor and finally AmpliTube 3 Metal plugged into Presonus Audiobox and blaring through Presonus Eris E8 monitors. The sound is amazing through any of the equipment, so yes, I get full capt'n crunch in your face metal sound. It is very noisy according to my wife, I play the loudest when Dr. Phil comes on. I usually have the volume all the way open on the guitar, but I roll that tone back and forth a pretty good bit.

The guitar arrived perfectly setup the action was set low & plays fast, the pickups were set on the money I did not have to adjust one thing on this guitar, except after a month of ownership the EMG 85 failed and a phone call to Dean guitars had me playing it 2 days later, other than that no flaws at all, the paint and graphic as-well as the rest of the hardware are flawless. This is a Korean made guitar but quality did not suffer. I gave this section a 9 because of the fast, great support I got from Dean Guitars and EMG.

I do not play "live" in clubs/bars but if the home studio and backyard with others counts as "live" then Yes! If you guys are clumsy, careless overly wild on stage or in your studio, then I do not care who made it USA, Mex, Korea the guitar is going to look like crap and have broken parts. Aside from the one pickup failure I mentioned earlier the hardware is of great quality and I have had no further issues with this guitar. The strap buttons are solid no slip off's or loosenings have happen. Can I depend on it? I am not abusive to my equipment so, yes, I can. If I were a gigging musician I would never gig without a backup, anything that is man made can and will fail at some point or another. I think the finish is of great quality, again guys... I take extremely well care of my equipment and am attentive of my environment when I play.

As I said before I play metal, been playing about 3 yrs. What other gear do I own, I already mentioned my amps & fx so here is what I have for guitars, Jackson - 2 90's Kellys STD & XL and a Warrior. Dean - Dave Mustaine AOD 2 with DM Livewires and Dime RZRback V 255. Ibanez - 07 S series S620EXQM. I did 2 weeks of looking and reading about this guitar before I bought it so I felt well informed. If it were stolen or lost I would have to get another. I love everything about the guitar the sound, the looks, it screams bad ass! The one thing I hate is how fat the neck feels, it doesn't really slow me down or nothing it just feels so bulky after playing any of the Jacksons or the Ibby. My favorite feature is the V-body and how it goes so well with the V-headstock. I compared this guitar to another I had been wanting, which was a Dime Dixie Rebel. I choose the V because of the price I was getting it at when so many paid way more for the same thing. I wish I had that Rebel, I will get one eventually.

matingilardi
    It would be to your benefit to place more of an emphasis on learning English, rather than playing a musical instrument.
    matingilardi
    [That piece of advice was directly toward Ikillintel]
    Ikillintel
    matingilardi, you may want to switch to direct tv instead of acting like cable , forum, review trolling Rob Lowe, BRO! ,|,,