Razorback V Two-Tone review by Dean

Dean: Razorback V Two-Tone

The main style of music I play is Metal, but of course I'll have a Yngwie shred moment every now and then. The Dimebucker sounds f--king amazing when playing through a Marshall MG series, which I know is the "Squier to Fender" version of a Marshall amp. I actually use no pedals, which I know is pretty lame. Also, the Dean pickup in the neck sounds awesome considering it's a stock pickup when your tapping, sweeping, pretty much anything that can sounds epic and fast. But I never use the neck pickup when I pinch harmonic and/or divebomb, because not as much tone is delivered out as it would with the Dimebucker:D.

The style I play is metal, boy this guitar f--kin delivers. It doesnt't just deliver, it f--king delivers haha. I have been playing for three years, (but don't get me wrong, I can play Duncan Hills Coffee and Thunderhorse and all that). I have two Ibanez Gio's, and then I have a Silvertone SG. I have played Jackson Rhoads, Dinky's, Gibson Les Pauls, ESP's, Ibanez RGs, S models, real Fender Strats, Washburn models (I still have to try them Dimebag models:)), and honestly, nothing amounts at all to this Dean, and the funny thing is, it's not even a USA model. Hell, if someone steals Damian, then I would find the thief, and kick their ass. The guitar is something to bond to, so getting a new one would be like cheating on your lover. I love almost everything, and the thing I don't love is the chipping paint horns. I have compared this guitar to a Gibson Les Paul Custom, a Les Paul Studio, An ESP Eclipse, A Jackson Rhoads model. Of course, This aint a perfect guitar, because it's not a USA.

I am a guy that I wont buy a guitar if it wont stand to me carrying it around. this guitar does great, I go over to friends house to teach lessons, and I bring it to school sometimes just for shits and giggles. It came in the day before my birthday, January 8th, and I still would kick someones ass if they mistreated Damian in any way, (yes, I named my guitar Damian). The hardware definitely will last, however I warn everyone, it will say black hardware, and if your a palm mute guy like me, then the "Black hardware" will "ware off". Of course, anyone, I don't care if you take care of your guitar better than anyone else, it would be retarded to go on a gig without a backup. For my backup, I'm gonna pimp out my Ibanez to have the same specs as my razorback, pickups, Floyd Rose, all. The finish is easy to wear off in certain places, but only on the horns like I said earlier. other than that, I have no scratches, just a lot of fingerprints because I can't put the damn thing down. And of course, the strap locks feel like they are cemented in there, so I know that if my guitar falls, it's probably because the strap ripped or something. But what strap would rip at a barely even 7 pound guitar?

I have only played one other razorback model when I bought this, and that was a Razorback ML two tone silver black over at my local music shop. I checked online, and the two guitars had almost everything in common. I was never really a V guy until I got into Lex Laiho and Children Of Bodom, and my friend recommended Dean and I found the razorback V two tone on the site, and it looked absolutely gorgeous. I tried it out, I was 5, 000 miles beyond satisfied. To be honest, the only flaw I see is a very cliche thing you will hear on EVERY RAZORBACK REVIEW. The horns chip easy, especially when you have emotion and headbanging like I do. When this guitar came out of the box, the strings were a little funky because they are D'Addario's. I put some DR Black Beauties, and they sounded firmer, felt firmer, and was amazing. As soon as it came out of the box, I set my amp towards full gain, treble and all. It sounded like Dimebag completely. And another flaw that just came out of my mind was that if you whammy, prepare to have it fixed, because it will loosen. Otherwise, when outfitted to your liking, this guitar should last you for a long time, or at least until you get the money for a USA model haha.

The Dean Razorback V two tone model I bought was made in Korea (if I had the kajillion for the USA, I would have bought it, trust me). It has a 22 fret neck, made of mahogany wood, along with the body. My guitar came out of two choices available, which were two tone white with black bevels, or black with red bevels. I took the red and black one because personally it looked better. It has a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge, and a Dean stock pickup in the neck, which honestly doesn't sound as bad as people are making it. Both of these pickups are active, however sound slightly dull when mixed. The guitar has a Dime traction knob for the volume, and a Standard knob on the tone control. The Razorback comes with a 3 way pickup slecetor, which like I mentioned before is bleh-ish when in the middle. It has a licensed Floyd Rose trem, and Grover Tuners providing for the ability to dive bomb the hell out of it and stay in tune. I bought this guitar, and it also came with a free bar stool *with the Dean Wings logo stitched into the seat* and a free hardshell case.

Darkkon
    TheAmenCorner89
    Darkkon wrote: umm... you called your guitar damien? who the **** names there guitar... especially after a dude? looks like a good guitar, though i'm not 100% about deans
    Damien was the name of the Devil's son, that's probably why
    I am punk "BF"
    I have never played this pne, but i have played a dean at east coast music mall on a massive marshall amp, not sure the amps model, but either way the dean sounded great
    mosherhamish
    man who is the reviewer of the other one (not my review) there not active! what are you on about dude?