Razorback V Two-Tone review by Dean

Dean: Razorback V Two-Tone

Purchased from: MusiciansFriend

This guitar has a wide range of tones from Zepplin to Slayer though it looks more Slayer. I've also used the rythm pickup for jazz and blues but it shines mostly through the dimebucker with heavy distortion. This guitar is mostly used through my Marshall MG 30 or my Line 6 Floor POD. It has also been used through my friends peavy and his Line 6 Spider. It does its best work through the Marshall with full gain and contour.

With my favorite style of music being metal such as Pantera, the good(old) Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, and Sabbath this guitar is a very good match. I have been playing about a year and a half and I have an Epiphone SG witch has been demoted to my drop tuning guitar. If this guitar were to been lost I would buy another one just because of the neat body style. One last thing, Licensed Floyds do not suck, they hold a tune when properly set up, just like the "real ones".

I think this guitar could stand up to Live playing pretty well. Its a well wired and soild guitar and its never crapped out half way through a session. However you will definatly want to buy strap locks for this one because its a bit heavy and it v shape would cause the strap to fall off without them. The finish seems pretty tough though I wouldn't recommend hitting a ceiling fan with it.

This guitar will require some work out of the box just like any other double locking trem so if you are new do not hesitate to look around for help I learned all I needed to know from my local guitar shop because I broke all the strings when I tried setting it up by guessing. The pickups will also need adjusting because on dime squeals you don't want the string to touch the pickup. Dean did a great job on the neck and fretboard I have no complaints.

My Razorback V was made in Korea and has 22 frets. I went with the black with red outline because it was on clearence at musicians friend. Other features include grovers, licensed floyd, Dimeblade inlay, and dimebucker pickup. It came with a hardshell case and the tools you need to mess with the bridge.

ikillyou666
    i got it in pearl white finish with black pinstripe AWESOME!!!!! looks killer and play also killer too
    megadeth52
    lookin for a dean v for around $400 canadian but i dont want dimes or anyother guys name on it