Sarasota review by Dean

Dean: Sarasota

Purchased from: Ponier Music

This guitar has excellend sound. Although this looks like a blues/classic rock guitar, I play very heavy metal on it. I mostly play lamb of god, pantera, Metallica, bodom, sabbath, maiden and other like these. I run mine through a basic DigiTech RP50 and a Fender Stage 112SE amp. There is a good amount of gain buzz but I don't mind it too much. I also have a friend who plays more old rock such as the doors and all that good stuff and when I first got it he played it and liked it, so it is a very veritile guitar that can suit anyones taste.

Overall Dean did a very good job of creating an excellent players guitar with good looks. It can be played easily if you enjoy metal, blues, classic rock, or something else. The playability is great and the finish is awesome. I would recomend it to anyone and would buy it again. I love it so much that I am forever hooked on Dean and I am about to buy a dime tribute to further my Dean collection.

The guitar is very solid and is able to take a beating, I have played hard on it for hours at a time of high gain metal and droped it countless times and it still shines and performs like new. All the gold does get dirty quickly but can easily be clean. I have never played with it live, but for the amount of abuse I've given it I'm sure it is worthy. It has not failed me yet like two other of my guitars.

The finish on this guitar is great. The wood has a very nice dark shine to it and the amount of gold it has just sets it off even more. The neck is relatively thin and has good playability, although stock the strings are a tad too high off for my liking so I have ajusted it a little. Pickups are in a good place, although I wish there was just one more tone knob for my kind of music.

Well first off I have the solid body version of this guitar but it still has all the great features such as a dual cutaway magogany body, Dean humbecker pickups, all gold hardware including pickup covers not seen in the picture above, one volume and one tone knob, a 3-way toggle, and grover tuners.