Soltero SL review by Dean

Dean: Soltero SL

I play Zakk Wylde, Steve Lukather, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, John Patrucci stuff all the time. It just sounds great for all types of sounds you want to get from a humbucker guitar. Has a great jazzy tone quality to it also. Please note that this guitar is basically the same thing as the USA Soltero except it has a few very small differences, the main one being a $1,000.00 less price tag. I use the Gibson GA30RV 30-watt class A amp. Also use the Boss GT-8 effects unit but not so much as before with other guitars. As listed above it can get the sounds most closely related to the cats listed above as long as you have the amp to back it up.

I Play Rock from the '80s and '90s. Ozzy, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, Queensryche. Been playing for several years and hope to perform this Halloween for my neighborhood friends and family. If it were stolen I would hunt down the cat that took her, In a Ted Nugent fashion, then return her to the stable where she is ridden. I would say you can take the Soltero SL and put it up against any Les Paul Custom shop model made. That goes for the PRS Single cut as well. It cost less and gives more than either. Tone wise and visually. It's just a beautiful playing instrument. Sustain all day long. I am glad that the guys at pantera let me know they were finally coming in from a long anticipated wait. Nice folks that I owe a lot to. This guitar is so sweet. I have never been happier.

Live playing with this axe? Absolutely! Without a doubt. Very reliable and durable. Hardware is top notch. Strap buttons are well sized. No issues. Depend on it? Absolutely. It's a tank without the weight. Finish is solid. This guitar rocks in quality and tone.

Factory setup is just as well done as the USA model. Very well done guys. Action is not to low or high. A jazz players dream. Pickups set up just fine. Maple top is just awesome, when I figure out how to post a picture of these puppies I promise I will. Book matched as well as the older PRS's from the '90s. Really well done. That cut they put in the maple top is awesome! Flaws, yes indeed! There was only one guitar in the case instead of two. Also, beer was not included in the deal although we fixed that problem on the way home to insure a proper breakin test session.

New guitar design and model from Dean, fall 2007 release. 22 Fret, C-neck design. Set mahogony neck. Mahogony body and neck with 3/4" top-notch maple top. Unique cut in top of body that goes down through the maple top towards the neck pickup. It is modeled like a Les Paul or PRS Single cut, identical to the USA Soltero model. very unique shape. Tune-O-Matic bridge. Passive custom made DiMarzio pickups made for the USA Soltero model. Standard single cut controls. Grover tuners. Comes with Dean's top end custom guitar case. Nice addition.

Nicholas03
    For some reason it did not post in the above review but I did list the price paid and from where I purchased it from. Cost was $1,999.00 and picked it up at Pantera Guns and Guitars in Florida. Very nice folks who cater to top notch brands of equipment. Please note that this is from Dean's Japan plant that they contracted to do their high-end imports. That's why she costs right about $1,000.00 less than the USA counterpart which I also bought from them. Hope you can try one out sometime. I'll try to post some pics soon when I figure out how.
    Carlo95
    Purchases a Dean Soltero SL this weekend over at our local Dean USA dealer Pantera and I am one happy playing fool. It is the best money I have spent on a custom-shop-quality guitar without going broke. This guitar is going to make waves in the industry for those looking for a new design/sound in a single cut guitar design. It really rocks. Clean channel amps will purrrrr while the Mesa's, Matchless, and Marshall amps will roar and scream with desire.