USA Dime Razorback V review by Dean

Dean: USA Dime Razorback V

Purchased from: Gear Hounds

This guitar is perfect for metal. It has a very rich full sound. Neck pickup has a nice strong bass without sacrificing tone. Sounds great in the clean setting. Bridge pickup has more bite and sounds really sick with distortion. This guitar can be used for all kinds of music from jazz to progressive metal. I use the Dean Razorback V with my Hiwatt 100 Watt Half Stack and my Vox VT100 modeling amplifier. I'm able to achieve a wide range of sounds and this guitar is definitely worth the price tag.

Perfect match for metal music. Designed by guitarist Dimebag Darell (Pantera). Great for all genres. Its important to get use to playing it sitting down for its a different setup because the body shape is a V. Favorite thing about it is definitely the body and look. It also sounds wonderful. I would definitely advise people looking to buy a guitar to check this one out. Best guitar I've played after 9 years of looking.

This guitar has withstood hours of live play. I've used it many times for shows and it has fulfilled my every expectation. The floyd rose keeps the guitar in perfect tune even when I abuse the whammy bar. I've used sometimes wihout a backup but it never hurts to be safe. The finish has been great.

The hardware on this guitar is perfect. The action needed a little adjusting at least for me because I prefer it lower to the neck. The Floyd Rose worked out great especially after I put some new strings on. The maintenance does take a little more time however because of the tremolo. Pickup selector and volume/tone knobs are a little stiff but nothing time wouldn't solve. Factory settings are fine. I play with heavier strings so you might want to get the action set up if your going to drop tune the guitar. Sounds great and looks bada-s.

- Mahogany Top / Body - 24-3/4" Scale - 1-11/16" Nut - Set Mahogany V Neck - Ebony Fingerboard - Pearl Dime Razor Inlays - Grover Tuners - Black Hardware - DBD Traction Knobs - Floyd Rose Original Bridge - USA DMT "DimeTime" Neck Pickup - Dimebucker Bridge Pickup - Hardshell Case Included - Black With Green Bevels

wylde1994
    The only Duncan Active pickups are the Livewire series and the Dave Mustaine livewires.
    And the Blackouts that people like Mick Tompson use
    saint_berzerker
    BlackDeath92
    saint_berzerker wrote: Are you people claiming he could've gotten this for 1000 bucks have water on your brains? I just can't believe the brain-dead fools on here. It's amazing.
    You might want to get used to it. Idiots are everywhere.
    HavokStrife
    I heard this guitar sucks huge balls aside of something like an oldschool Jackson, and the neck pickup is garbage too. I've also played a Dean V, not a Razorback, but I swear the damn neck is thicker than a Les Paul's. Sucks though, cuz it's the sweetest looking guitar ever! Dean sorta=BC Rich to me though, they both have a few slick axes, but most of their lines are way too focused on style, and pretty much zero on quality, tone, finish, etc...this coming from a guy who plays V's and Exp's..