V Baby review by Dean

Dean: V Baby

Purchased from: music123.com

I play punk, pop-punk, and rock, through a crap amp and a DS1, and it's alright, the neck pickup gives a nice bassy distortion, the bridge pickup is good for early green day style distortion. With the Switch in the middle (using both pickups I can get a nice clean sound). Overall it's a pretty versatile guitar.

I've had been playing about 6 months when I got it, and if it were lost or stolen I'd buy a higher end guitar. There's nothing I particularly hate, but I wish it had 2 volume knobs and 1 or 2 tone knobs. This guitar is good for beginners, but I wouldn't really recommend it anyone who's been playing for a little while.

I don't think this guitar will let me down any time soon. The only reason I gave it a 9 is because of the loose jack.

It was setup pretty well, the action was low, the intonation was dead on, but I really lowered the bridge pickup to get the sound I wanted, and the low E buzzes a bit. The jack gets loose after a while but that doesn't bother me much.

My V Baby was made in 2005 in China. 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, basswood body. I got mine in flat black with gloss black hardware and pickups. Tune-O-Matic bridge, string thru, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way Switch. Two Dean humbuckers. Die cast tuners and I got a little cable with it.