V X review by Dean

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Dean: V X

The Dean V X is suited for Hard Rock and Metal but if you are planning on going any heavier I suggest new pickups. I am currently using the Dean V X with a Crate GLX1200H 100W half-stack, it can be noisy and is not suited for bright tones. Out of this guitar you can play rock, metal, and blues. There is not much variety with the pickups it comes with and I suggest changing them within 2 months.

I ussually play hard rock and metal (Smashing Pumpkins, BLS, Trivium, etc). This guitar has been alright for the past year but I am eager to get a new one. I have been playing for seven years and also 2 Fender acoustics, a Gibson Studio, and a Fender Telecaster. I love this guitar because of the looks, it looks cool, sounds alright, and plays pretty good. I hate this guitar because the money you will put into it is more than you will buy it for.

This guitar can stand live playing up to a crowd of about 150. The hardware is well made and seems to last and all strap buttons are solid. At a gig I would recomend this guitars and a backup. If you get this guitar you will realize that it wasn't worth it and end replacing the pickups or getting a new guitar all together.

The Dean V X comes tuned, cleaned, and ready to go. The action is fast and the pickups are descent. If you are serious about guitar I would get the pickups adjusted. It came with no flaws and looks just like would in the pictures. It is however a heavy guitar and hurts your shoulder after a while.

My Dean V X is a 2005 USA model, 22 frets with 24 3/4" scale, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, gloss finish, It is based on the Flying V style and looks very metal with it headstock and humbucker Design. Passive electronics and 3 way selector switch, comes with dual Dean Zebra humbuckers and grover tuners.

I_Am_Iron_Man
    sundile
    irish06
    I've had this guitar for a while now. It has survived several gigs, getting banged into various objects, numerous weather changes, and countless hours of blistering solos and it still rocks! The only thing I have ever had problems with was the fact that it has a tendency to go out of tune a little more frequently than most guitars. I also plan to change the pickups to maybe some SDs, but even the standard humbuckers are better than some epiphones I've played. My friends all say that it is a sweet guitar and keep saying they wanna buy it off of me. This guitar has been through thick and thin with me, I would recommend this guitar to pretty much anybody. This guitar is frikkin workhorse!!!
    serbusfish
    My Dean V X is a 2005 USA model
    that is complete bull, this is a X series guitar, they are not made in the usa, they are made in either korea or china. I have a ML X and its ok for a beginner guitar but the is a bit naff IMO
    sk8rdude181
    blueberry91
    sk8rdude181 wrote: sundile wrote: seriously dude.i checked the reviews on musicians friend, and for the money you pay, this is one of the greatest guitars possible to buy.at least a 9 out of 10. i second this. i read about 4 pages of reveiws on guitar center and they were all great. they all said this guitar was worth a lot more than it is. also this guitar is not heavy at all. i went to guitar center and played it and the first thing i thought was how light it was. u should try playing an epi les paul jr if u think this is heavy. but still it played rele fast and had a nice crunchy tone. but i do agree with the pickups, u will probably want to change them after a while if u plan on playing real metal.
    I agree. The jr. was heavier than the VX. Thats what i traded in plus money to get this. I got the '07 metallic red VX. I kinda have to disagree on the pickups. You can get good sound if youre playing stuff like megadeth.
    EllttEll
    I_Am_Iron_Man : "This guitar can stand live playing up to a crowd of about 150", Any guitar can play to any size crowd, if it's not loud enough for a bigger venue then that's your amp's problem, nothing to with the guitar
    agreed, the guitar has nothing to due with loudness, unless the volume nobs are broke and stuck, other wise its the amp or the sound tech is deaf