V X review by Dean

Dean: V X

Purchased from: Dealer

It suits well to my metal, blues and hard rock background, I use a Line 6 Spider 2 and it sounds really good hooked up to it, especially in my clean channel very nice sound, and very low static on a high gain channel can make a good feedback noise and is good guitar for pinch harmonics. Only little problems you will find with the sound.

I play metal, blues and hard rock, it's a pretty good match for my playing it could definitely use a Floyd Rose, I've been playing for three years and it is better than my pawn shop Les Paul, I would have asked for a Floyd Rose. If it was lost I would get something else though but from Dean still though, I love the finish body and sound I hate the loose tone knob but I guess they all can't be winners, I chose this because it looked nice sounded good. And Yes I wish it had (for the last time) a Floyd Rose.

This guitar can be played a long long time. the tuning stays for the most part, the hardware I'm not sure it will last it's ok I guess, the strap buttons hold up nicely, you can surely depend on it on a gig without backup, the finish is awesome it will last forever.

The set up is ok not the greatest. The factory didn't do an outstaning glue job on the neck and body (it holds but you can see the glue), the action is perfect for me though. The pickups I have absolutely have no problem with adjustment wise. The only flaw is the tone knob it's loose. It does have a rather noisy pickup selector.

Made in China. It has 22 fret neck, mahogany neck. My finish was a gloss black. Body style is a Flying V, Tune-o-Matic style bridge, 2 volume knobs and 1 tone knob. Humbucker pickups from Dean, non-locking tuners. I Might suggest to change around the bridge pickup to a Dimarzio or Bill Lawerence (Dime Style) neck pickup has a smooth sound very nice. My tone knob is a little loose but I barely touch it nice looking knobs though, what I love most is the shape of the body and headstock, that signature Dean V headstock totally compliments the body of it. But it could have used a Floyd Rose but it's a overall nice guitar.

shadow of deth
    my brother got this (black) a few months ago and it sounds as good as the "expensive" guitars at guitar center that he plays eveytime we go in there i think he paid $200 well worth the money. the only thing he's doing is switching the pickups. emg i think. but the stock ones are fine
    metalhead747
    i just bought my VX today in the style shown in the picture. i really like it, the headstock has weight to it so the guitar stays at a good angle while you are playing it standing.
    bafonikolas
    ok ok guys...I got this guitar for about 1 year now.I've played countless hours with it and she is still there standing...the thing is that if you are ok with your guitar,your guitar will be ok to u...Anyway this is a great guitar for starting playing all metal kinds...later
    wyattfilms
    blueberry91 wrote: sk8rdude181 wrote: sundile wrote: seriously dude.i checked the reviews on musicians friend, and for the money you pay, this is one of the greatest guitars possible to buy.at least a 9 out of 10. i second this. i read about 4 pages of reveiws on guitar center and they were all great. they all said this guitar was worth a lot more than it is. also this guitar is not heavy at all. i went to guitar center and played it and the first thing i thought was how light it was. u should try playing an epi les paul jr if u think this is heavy. but still it played rele fast and had a nice crunchy tone. but i do agree with the pickups, u will probably want to change them after a while if u plan on playing real metal. I agree. The jr. was heavier than the VX. Thats what i traded in plus money to get this. I got the '07 metallic red VX. I kinda have to disagree on the pickups. You can get good sound if youre playing stuff like megadeth.
    There is no red x series. Your thinking of the XP sieries :\
    kranoscorp
    Guys, as a tip, don't trust reviews on sites like Guitarcenter and Musician's Friend. The reviewers often just recently purchased the instrument and posted "OMG I jus got dis geetar an it is teh besht geetar EVAR!" They do not give the instrument an unbiased review.
    miguul911
    i just got this guitar today for my birthday and i think this is a really great guitar!! =D