V X review by Dean

Dean: V X

Price paid: £ 200.99

It suit's my style purfectly. I play teastament, Alice In Chains (them bones) and some thrash and heavy suff I play some of everything exept for acustic but usualy mosh things, make my own things sometimes. I am running the vx through a DigiTech RP150 (it's the best bang for buck pedal) and into a Line 6 spider 15 or Marshall Mg15 dfx. it's quiet you can make it bright and sharp but you have to turn the bottom Knob to 10 vol 10 and not use the top one put it in bridge any other way it sounds dull and a bit bluesy. you can use it for anything, just don't think your dave mustane when playing it.

I've been playing for 2.4 years since I was 12.4 and I did not cheat like the magoraty do I learnt chords for half a year to give me a good start no buzzing then tab after I had my secong guitar 150 Strat and once ready got this 4 months later. If you are a bigginer don't get a 200 guitar get a MAX 150 guitar first, if it were stolen I'd cut the guys head off and through him off a large building on to a spear pointing up and I'd get some thing the same price like a more practical Dean Xml same guitar more practicial shape. Favorite thing is the right hand feel and name VX sounds evil. I've called it 9 on the reveiw becase this is a intermidate not a pro play 240+ but it's a good backup and home your thras skills.

This will withstand live playing, the stuff would last the stap buttons are solid but I would use it as a backup becase it is not the head liner I would get a Epiphone Explorer goth like I will soon for giging, but it would be an ok guitar if you had to use it as a backup.

The guitar was and still is crisp but it doesnt't't brake whatever, the pickups were fine but I raised the bridge for my own referance, every things working smoothly. The only weard thing is when you go into the 2 pickup you have to put the neck vol on you can do this and put the bridge down and it wont care but it probably only me, don't be put off.

Not sure on year, 22 frets, some sort of shiny black, looks dark, maple mabey, thinish nicey curved neck (very ugly on back), String thu body, Passive pickups, Dean Grover tuners, Usual intermidite guitar stuff found at the 199-220 range. No accsesories