Vendetta 1.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 1.0

Purchased from: Alto Music

It's really good for any like rock and metal. I'm just musing a small 40 watt amp w/a DigiTech RP200A effects box, it makes it sound like anything you want. It has a really good sound.

I like to play a lot of '70s and '80s rock and metal. Dean tends to make guitars w/a more metal/hard rock sound, its great. I've been plaing for almost 2 years. My other guitar is a Johnson (read the reviews on it on this site). If this guitar (Dean Vendetta 1\.0) was stolen I might get another one, but I would probably get a Gibson or Epiphone Les Paul, I've always wanted one. My favorite feature on this guitar is the 24th fret, it is a very cool high pitched sound that is cool for solo's. I dont think it's missing anything, it's got everything I want to have on a guitar.

The strap buttons are holding up, the hardware is holding in, I think this guitar is fine for live playing. I can depend on using this guitar in a gig, yet again the tuning doesnt go out very fast at all, the only reason I would have another guitar to use in a gig is if the other guitar is tuned differently or plugged into a different effect/amp setup.

The pickups (humbuckers) are set just the same as most other guitars w/humbuckers, the guitar had no flaws or anything wrong w/it when I bought it, and it was in the store where people can use it to try out, it has no pickgaurd and it still has no scratches even though I play it everyday and I've had it for a few months. All the bolts are tight. It came w/good strings, D'Addario, I have not needed to change them yet unlike my other guitar when it was new. The strings don't go out of tune very easy at all, I've only had to tune it once in 2 months, its still tuned perfect.

This guitar has bolt-on construction, solid mohagony body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, dual (Dean) humbuckers, Tune-O-Matic bridge, string-through body design, classic Dean Verrule pattern, 24 frets, 25.5" scale, and black hardware. It comes in natural and classic black. It's a very good price and a very good guitar.