Vendetta 1.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 1.0

Purchased from: Store

This guitar has an okay sound. The pickups are a tiny bit crunchy. This guitar doesn't sound to great clean, but it's alright. I use this guitar through a Digi-Tech RP200 and a Vox AD100VT amp. The pickups on this guitar don't have much sustain however, and I like sustain. This guitar is really good for heavier rock and metal, it also has 24 pickups for those shredders.

I play a lot of blues, rock, and classic rock, this guitar works for those styles of music. But I don't like playing this guitar clean, it doesn't sound too great. If this guitar was stolen, I don't think I would buy it again, I would probably save the extra few hundred dollars for a better guitar that souunds better clean, because I have amps and effects to add distorions and such. What I like about this guitar the most is the neck shape and size, and the fret size, it's really easy for me to play. And I like how high the strings sit over the fretboard compare to other guitars where the strings are either too close or too far where you have to push super hard to get a sound. I like this guitar, but I would definately prefer some other guitars in this price range before this one.

This guitar is quite durable. I tend to bang it arounnd a lot. The strap buttons on this guitar are a little bit loose, but it has never caused my a problem. The hardware on this guitar will last, of course unless you're constantly taking this off and changing things on the guitar. For some reason, I tend to break a lot of strings on this guitar, I mean, A LOT. I don't ever break that many strings on any other guitar. I think it might have something to do with the bridge because that's where the strings always break. Also, the only other problems with this guitar were what I mentioned in "Action, Fit, & Finish".

This guitar was put together all correctly when I bought it. But after a while, maybe like 3 months, the cable jack on the guitar comes loose and you have to screw it back on. Every time you screw it back on it twists the wires inside. I've had to re-solder the wires twice so far because of it. The knobs also have trouble staying on for some reason, I keep loosing my knobs off of this guitar because they come off really easily. Other than that, this guitar was put together well and didn't have any flaws.

This (mine) guitar was made in China in 2004. It has 24 frets and a rosewood fingerboard. It is a very light guitar. It has a string-thru body. It has a volume knob, tone knob, and 3-way pickup selector. It has a transparent red color (I heard it also comes in transparent black which I've never seen).

tbarrettl
    Truthfully my vendetta 1.0 is Very versatile and has nice tones but It is falling apart piece by piece, once it gets actually fixed I would like to use it for years to come.