Vendetta 1.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 1.0

Purchased from: Sound Source Music

I play metal and that's about it. It is a pretty suitable guitar for metal and rock. I use it with a Roland Microcube, which is a great practice amp that complimets the guitar well. I use it on a model based on the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifir. The biggest problem I have with sound is the pickups have a pretty noticeable hum. The guitar was obviously designed for rock/metal but it can pull of cleans pretty well.

The guitar was designed for metal, and it has become very useful for my style. I've been playing for about three years, and this guitar has lasted. I would probably buy a different guitar if this were stolen. My favorite feature is the neck, I have done a little sanding to make it better fit to the way I play. I didn't really have a clue what I was doing buying this, as it was my first guitar, the finish is basically why I bought it. I had a choice between this and a Jackson Dinky. I bought this because I hated the finish on the Jackson (blue with Orange flames). If the Jackson had been black or white/maple I probably would have bought the Jackson. I have always been a fan of Jackson guitars, and I plan to buy one as my next guitar.

This guitar can take a serious beating and not have problems. My biggest complaints are about the nut and bridge.The first time a tried 11s, a piece of the nut chipped. Also, whenever I change the strings, the bridge falls off, it could definitely use a Tonepros locking bridge, those are my only complaints. The finish on the guitar can NOT be chipped. I have a few very deep scratches and still, there is no visible wood. After I made a few adjustments, I have not had any problems, I would no feel comfortable playing this guitar without a backup.

The guitar was set up well, and I have only had to make slight adjustments to the guitar. The neck pickup is a little bit too far from the strings an the saddles needed some adjusting. I have no other complaints about the original setup though. Even the neck was set up well, which surprised me on a low end guitar.

I purchased my Dean Vendetta 1.0 in th spring of 2005. It was made in China in (likely) 2004. It features 24 frets, has a 25.5 inch scale, a rosewood fretboard and a two piece maple neck. The rosewood fretboard is very dark, but slightly on on the "grainy" side. The neck is a bolt on. The guitar is a solid top with a Mohangony body. My guitar has certainly taken a beating and has no chips in the paint job. It has a beautful black finish, I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. The body style is almost identical to a Jackson Dinky/Soloist, commonly known as the "Standard" shape of the electric guitar. It has a string-through body. It has passive electronics. It has a 3-way toggle switch to Switch between the two stock humbuckers. It has Standard Dean tuners, which are pretty decent. Mine came with no accesories.

gcvendetta
    im not a huge fan of the vendetta 1.0 but its big bro, the vendetta 1 is definately a great choice
    donkers2000
    i brought it today and love it. The actions awesome. And 24 frets mean ive got 2 octives worth to play with. I also play a dean dime blade and this guitar stacks up very nicely to it. The bridge needed rising though as the b sting on the 2nd fret sounded flat and it needed a clean apart from that mint guitar, though ill be upgrading the pick ups when i get the cash
    |I_<3_Guitar|
    I was playing a Gibson SG in the shop today, and I thought it was pretty cool, but it was way out of my price range. Then the shop assistant showed me this guitar, and I just thought it was awesome, I didnt want to get off. Im thinking about buying this guitar, but I read these reviews, and lots of them had something negative to say. Should I still get it?