Vendetta 1.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 1.0

I like to play lots of styles of music, from clasical to rock, metal, and more. a HSH would prob be a more ideal setup but I have one guitar with 3 single coil pickups plus, despite the vendetta having dual humbuckers it can still sound very bright at times, while easly turning it down to get rich/darker sound. with the right amp and effects pedals, you can do just about anyhting with this guitar.

It seems like a darn good guitar for the the money. The best is, that it looks flipin sweet! It is lightweight, feals good to play. I would totaly buy this guitar again. "Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product?" yeah... I wish I asked the man for one million dollars before I had purchased this guitar (he might have said "yes", and how cool would that have been if I walked out with a million dollars and a Dean Vendetta 1\.0 guitar. "Stop dreaming about it, and just buy the darn thing already!" "you will be so happy that you did!".

I have only treated my guitar with the utmost care, but I can just feal while holding it, that it could probably handle a Box-of-Beatdown or Can-of-whoopA$$, or probably both! but just like most, or should I say, all guitars... if you treat them like #%&! they will play like #%&!. they are instruments of Precision. Keeping the vendetta clean and in a decent enviormnt will give you endless years of hard playing, I am not 100% sure about the durabilty of the tuners, they feal great (like they should last), but like I said I have not been to rough with them, and they are not of any name brand that I know... on the otherhand, I know a lot of people Switch them out without even giving them a chance.

It was setup very well, the action was very low, wich is good depending on music style, but a little too low for me. However, with the Tune-o-matic bridge, it is really easy and fast to adjust. the neck was fairly striaght with a very slight bit of an up bow. (wich is perferable) I have not found any flaws in the finish, evrything looked real good, felt real good, I don't care a whole lot for the strings that came on the guitar, not that they were bad, just not my style. All the electronis feal and sound great. the setup of the pickups are hardly worth mentioning (if you don't know how to adjust the hight of your pickups,... well it should be the last of your wories).

Made in china 2008. Of Course, if you are reading this, you would probaly already know that it is solid Cutaway Carved top mahogany body, a maple bolt on neck (wicked slick/fast neck I might add), a rosewood fingerbord with abalone Dot inlays (the shell of this sea snail is highly iridescent, giving rise to a range of strong and changeable colors, awesome looking inlays in the rosewood fingerboard! ) the frets shape/size are perfect for both low as well as not so low action playing. other features: 1-11/16" nut width 25.5 scale 24 frets My guitar finish is what Dean Guitars calls "gloss natural" wich is like a reddish slightly darkend natural color of the mahogany wood (of wich it is made), with a hign gloss lacquer finish. the same version guitar is also available in the "classic black" gloss. I prefer the natural, it shows the true beatuy of the mahogany wood and the carve top (the contours of the guitar get kinda lost in the black). The guitar has Tune-o-Matic bridge with string-thru body ferrules, (simple and streamlined) this setup with the mahogany body gives awesome sustain. The pickups (by Dean) are passive humbuckers setup in Standard dual humbucker configuration with 3-way selector, one tone knob, and one volume knob controls both pickups the tuners (non-locking) are Dean's variety but I must say, they do feal smooth... not too tight, and not too loose. they hold in tune very well. Hardware is in satin black, including the bridge (wich also looks much better with the "natural gloss" finish for an agressive look. included with the guitar is a wrench for the truss rod, and a cable... not a particulay great cable or anything, but not bad either... I'd rather it be a cheap gig bag.

dementiacaptain
    i have the even LOWER budget one that i got for a hundred flat back when i desperately needed a humbucking guitar. dude, i think that it has a great chunky sound with the right strings. i had some dime strings on there, man it really sounded great! idk if mine was special or what, but i think it stands firm to guitars four times the price.