Vendetta 1.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 1.0

Purchased from: second hand

I play blues and classic rock with the odd heavy distorted sound thrown in (usually when messing about) and it suits it fine. amp = (regrettably) Marshall MG15DFX with Behringer OD100 and FX600 pedals and Dunlop orig. Crybaby. Neck pickup is good, on half tone it gives me my desired sound, bridge pickup is bright and also has a nice tone even when the knob is turned fully on. It's a very versatile sound imo.

I love it. Plays what I want, when I want. I've been playing for about 5-6 years now and own 3 other guitars this is probably my new main guitar taking over from my ibanez. Before I bought it I'd have liked to have known what strings were on it as when I took it to get set up the guy in the tech shop said it was a mish mash of .9's, .10's and .12's on it so clearly it was strange... If it were stolen or lost I'd be pissed and go buy another one. I love the colour and finish and feel of the neck, I don't think there's anything I'd change about it. And I compared this one with a Jackson (can't remember the model but it was about 240) and I much preferred this gutiar. Nothing more I could ask for from it.

I think this guitar Will withstand live playing. Hardware seems good, strap buttons haven't failed me yet. And I'd gig with it but bring a back-up but leave it in the van as I feel confident with this guitar, but strings can break so I'd want a backup within minutes of me.

The action on it was a little bad, had some fret buzz on the G and D strings around the 9th fret, pickups weren't too bad to be honest but took it for a set-up (30) and it's perfect now, action is next to nothing and no fret buzz or any flaws what'soever. Before set-up I'd say 7, but after I had it set up I'd say 10.

It appears to be made in 05 in China. 24 frets with rosewood fretboard. The neck is relatively thin, not as thin as my Ibanez but thinner than my Fender strat. Not sure about wood used though. Strat style shape to the body. Tune-o-matic bridge with string thru body. Passive pickups which are stock. H-H setup on the pickups, non-locking grover tuners and when purchased had a strap already attatched (brand=guvnor) and a peach/orange nothing-special cable was thrown in too.

Thomas Vela
    i bought one used but like new, it seemed alright with all the plastic and cheap metal for about 4 months, then everything started comin off, the tuners were strip, the volume knob just came off, i dont know how, the frets got warped, the input jack lol ooo the input jack is a piece of crap, its a joke. my advise is to get a whole new jack and make new holes on the guitar. the ONLY thing i like is the pickups im going to take them out and put them in my Dean V X
    Thomas Vela
    and i took care of it, i never even took it outside, just in my room to practice with sitting down and on my guitar stand when not using. dont buy it. unless you are willing to replace EVERYTHING except the pickups (they are pretty good for alot of genres)
    fretman5000
    Dead honest here, one of the worst guitars ive ever played. only for beginners, dont expect a lot
    Shady Weezul
    I bought one of these many years ago. I use it mainly as my experimental guitar. I do all my de-tunings and mods to it. This was the first guitar I put a killswitch in. For a beginner, I would say go for it. For the price, it's not bad. But, if you are an intermediate player or advanced player, do yourself a favor and look somewhere else. Somewhere far away.
    tfpoec2
    The last four people that commented got shit stocks. this thing is good. I've owned it for more than a year now and the only two things that have ever given me grief are the wiring and the volume pot. i replaced the pot with a bigger 500k and let an expert resolder the wiring on the input jack. The pickups are great but i wanted a really good metal tone so i put the dimarzio super distortion in the bridge. amazing guitar specially when used with a MM with top boost and ge-7 (my set up). My advice though is to get the RG321MH newer model with gibraltar bridge rather than this one. They're both mahogany but ibanez i believe makes better construction on their rg series. its cheaper too.
    mydian
    This guitar sucks. It sounds and plays ok at first sure. But it is nothing more than firewood with junk electronics and just falls apart.
    tfpoec2
    Everyone who says this thing is shit listen to my cheap set up (with an x2n and paf joe):