Vendetta 1.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 1.0

Purchased from: Curly Music (Liverpool)

This guitar is brilliant, I play metal in Drop C and it is perfect. I put this through a DigiTech RP155 (I use the MB Dual Rectifier and an Ibanez Tube Screamer(both on full gain)), and a little Stagg 10 watt amp (not very brutal). There is a slight hum from the pickups, but that is understandable with high gain levels. It had a very rich bassy sound with a strong growl (even on clean). It is very versitile, I play a bit of Pink Floyd to please dad and it satisfies me. Definately designed for metal/rock though.

I play thrash metal and I play B.C Rich mainly but this has stood up to my Standard of expensive taste. I have been playing for 3 years but I have come across some amazing guitars in such small time. I own a B.C Rich Warlock, Jackson Rhoads V and an Encore Strat Relic, all of which have been approved by many quality guitarists. If it got stolen I would be in a rush to get another of the same. I compared it with an Ibanez RGR121EX and this won all the way. The only thing I wish it had was Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-2s, but it is only because I am a dreamer :) quality guitar worth buying for gigging or practise, will never fail you :)

I think this guitar will last through a war, everything is amazingly sturdy, which is a must for me, with my clumsyness. The Bridge is strong, so it seems it will last for ever. Nothing has fell off so I am very happy with its reliability. The finish is also made to last, and also impress.

The action was perfect for me on this, nice and low but no fret buzz. When I bought it, it had 10-48 strings which are brilliant. The pickups were perfect height, I haven't ajusted them and it is good enough for me. The finish was clear, which shown off the well bookmatched body. I was very suprised of how well made this guitar was, it has not had one flaw since I got it.

I got this with my birthday money, it is made in china and inspected/ajusted in the USA, it has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood neck, the neck profile was shred only, lovely though. The finish was natural gloss, which complimented the superstrat body. The Bridge was a "Thru-Body" with black ferulles, so the strings resonate through the body. The pick-ups are passive Dean DMTs, which are spot on. It has one volume, one tome and one 3way switch, so just bare esentials to rock out. It came with black grover machineheads to compliment the black headstock.

The Uncreator
    Assuming you know your basic guitar maintenance, this guitar is actually surprisingly good. Its no 10 (at least not too me), But I added some new pickups, switched out the necks with a different one, and it sounds amazing. Disregarding those alterations, its still a very decent guitar. Its stock equipment doesn't have much color, but the right equipment can make this sound excellent.
    murphy200910
    it is a tough guitar, i dropped it out of its case down a set of 5 steps made of concrete and it ony has a tiny scratch on it now
    Josh100
    I'm considering getting this. I play harder rock/metal and I've been playing for 4 years. People say lots of bad things about it....should I get it?