Vendetta 4.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 4.0

The Vendetta 4.0 plays well no matter what I play. From System Of A Down to the Christian music I play at my church to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, it all sounds great on the Vendetta. Very full sound, but also bassey which sounds amazing in drop D/C and with heavy distortion for things like Metallica and SOAD. The frets came in perfect condition, so bends don't tremble or anything. I've played it regularly at the local music shop here (where they are very nice, and let customers play all the guitars and bring their own to test new amps). I myself play it on a small Marshall with a Flanger, a Boss Volume pedal, and a Boss Distortion/Overdrive pedal. There is no noise other than the noise you make.

If you've bothered to read all my crap and gotten this far, you deserve some brownie points and a cookie. As you can see, I am very fond of this guitar, and it's a great guitar for the price. I love the finish, and it sounds beautiful. I recommend it to anyone Who's looking for a new intermediate-level guitar.

I've never performed with this guitar, but that is going to change soon, and I have a feeling it will do well. The buttons are sturdy and the finish will definately last a good long time. Although I would never perform without a backup guitar (better to have to stop a second and grab the second instead of without a string or not at all), I think it would be fine without a backup.

The action was exactly where I personally prefer it (which may have been done by the store I bought it from, since they ordered it from Dean specifically for me), and there was no buzzing on the frets. Everything came perfect except for a small gouge in the finish on the backside of the guitar, but I believe it is from shipping (the roads SUCK here, I wouldn't be surprised). The crack hasn't spread, and the finish is great. I've dropped the guitar, knocked it off the stand, and hit it with my other guitars on accident, and the Vendetta has no signs of it (which I can't say for my Fender, which I've also dropped, etc). The nut was cut perfectly, which seems to be an uncommon with the guitars I've bought. Most other guitars I've owned have ground down my strings as I tune up and down from Standard to drop c to c Standard tunings, and eventually snap them. Also, the neck has a tribal design in mother-of-pearl, which looks badass on the guitar.

I purchased the Vendetta 4.0 in Tiger Eye in September of last year. I am very pleased with the guitar, and it sounds great. It has two good quality humbuckers that produce a good tone and look great on the guitar. With the two humbuckers, there's a 3-way tone switch which is easily accessible between the billeted volume and tone knobs. The guitar has a mounted bridge with a string-through design. The strings are easy to run through the holes, and do not catch. It has 24 jumbo frets, but the 22nd-24th seem to be a little short of being correct tone-wise, but not much is played past the 22nd fret, and it is barely noticeable. The headstock is great looking, and the tuners work without resistance and don't stress the strings like other guitars I've played.

Shinozoku
    I'm looking to get a Vendetta 4F pretty soon. Same as what the reviewer has, only with "evil eye" inlays, and an OFR, and it's trans black on figured maple. But I gotta find a dealer around here that carries them.. this review really helped my decision along some, since they're esentially the same guitar only with different bridges.
    SatchFanatic
    not gonna lie i liked the review seeing as how i went down to the store today and tried one out at Sam Ash. Only problem i had with it was the action wasn't very low, but then again all is adjustable, unless your out of touch with guitars
    Shinozoku
    ConfusedBirdman wrote: How much is the price exactly?
    I think the price is between $550-650. Look it up at guitarasylum.com, where they carry both the 4.0 and 4F models.
    guitarmakerpugh
    who needs both brownie points and a cookie, they are greedy. Great guitar, i have played one at a music shop, and they have an awesome setup. played it thru a marshal JTM45 and it had the sweetest blues tone ever.
    happy strummer
    hey...thats weird...i wrote this review and the price didnt show up...anyways, i paid about $450
    batiboy06
    does this guitar have a better value for money compared to the vendetta XM? i have used both, and i can really tell the difference between the two guitars in terms of their sound especially the heavy tone.
    happy strummer
    LazyLatinoRocke wrote: does anybody know anything about the Vendetta 3.0?
    its just the 4.0 but without the trans finishes. exactly the same (as far as i know) otherwise.
    Motortool79
    i bought this guitar but in the black trans finish and with a different inlay. This guitar is byfar the best i have owned. It is capable of playing everything i need, from heavy ****in metal to ska, it can play anything. Definitely a recommended buy.
    thrashnmetal666
    i used to have this model it was a really nice guitar nice deep tone i traded it for an ibanez 7 string lol if you have heard of a band called a broken machine my 7 string belonged to the guitarist jeff the guitarist the pinch tone the dean made wasnt to my favor anyways but it played great
    Amer91
    I'm thinking of getting this guitar, but other than blues and classic rock I play a lot of death metal and shredding. Would this guitar do well in those areas in terms of tone?
    Amer91
    I'm thinking of getting this guitar but other than blues and classic rock I play a lot of death metal and shred. Would this guitar give a good shred tone with the stock pickup? I'll be using it with a Line6 XT Live if that makes any difference.
    GEARS_OF_DETH
    these guitars are awsome they have one of the smoothes feels ive ever felt in my like like for example i had a easy time playing four horsemen with that guitar even though i dont own it i loved it any way especially the vendetta's with they floyd rose's dean guitar always has top quality