Vendetta 4.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 4.0

Purchased from: Instruments Garage

I play a lot of styles like black metal, death metal, shred, progressive, blues, and classic rock, and this guitar covers all of them. I use the guitar with a Line 6 PODXT Live multieffect processor with a Roland Cube 15 amplifier. I get great tones with this guitar for all the styles I mentioned, and the pickups, although stock, give me a great sound. The guitar isn't noisy at all. It has a nice bright sound using the bridge pickup, which is great for heavy riffs, and even for clean sounds. The neck pickup is great for soloing, especially for sweep picking and alternate picking runs. I also use it for blues solos with the tone knob rolled back a bit. On a clean setting, the guitar sings. I like to play Acoustic songs on it as well as exotic tapping on that setting and sounds amazing. I would have preferred a coil tap for this guitar because I like single-coil sounds, but it's no big deal.

I cover a lot of metal bands like Emperor, Death, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest, and I also play songs by Satriani, Vai, Buckethead..... This guitar gives me the tone to cover all of them. And it feels perfect in my hands. I've been playing for 5 and a half years, and I own a Roland Cube 15 and a Line 6 PODXT live, and I manage to get great tones from my setup. If this guitar were stolen, I'd be pretty bummed out. I'd probably wait and try to find a Washburn X50 because it provides more tone options. I love the neck, the look, and the overall feel of the guitar. I hate the fact that it comes with Dean pickups and no coil tap. I compared this guitar with a Cort X-Custom, and I got this because of the amazing neck, and the neckthrough construction. Although the Cort had better pickups and a coil tap, it felt very uncomfortable to play. If it had a coil tap and DiMarzio pickups, it would be the perfect guitar for me.

I'm pretty sure this guitar could withstand live playing, it's built great. The hardware is pretty sturdy, and the strap buttons hold the strap firmly. I'd definitely gig with this guitar without backup, because it's sturdy, and it has fixed bridge, so if a string snaps, I can finish a song without the tuning getting screwed up, unlike guitars with floating bridges, and I can change the string afterward easily. The finish is great, but I always wipe the guitar with a cloth after playing it for a long time to keep it in good condition.

The guitar was set up pretty good from the factory. The action was low, but not too much, just the way I like it, and the pickups had the right height, so they didn't need any adjustment. The neck however needs some adjustment it has too much of a backward bow, but that can be easily fixed. I'll get that fixed when I have time. The frets, tuners, bridge, and other pieces of hardware are in perfect condition. The guitar feels great in my hands, I love the neck because it's a bit thick, but as thick as Les Pauls, which makes fast playing for me a lot easier. I could never play fast on a thin neck because I lose control on it. I also love that the neck is finished which gives more control on my playing. Most shredders prefer paper-thin unfinished necks, but I really medium necks and that's a feature I love about this guitar.

I got this guitar Brand New, it's made in Korea. It features a mahogany body with a quilted maple top and back, as well as a natural binding on the body, painted maple neck with neck-through construction, rosewood fretboard with 24 medium frets, and a cream binding on the neck, and it features a tune-o-matic bridge, and the strings pass through the body giving it more sustain. It has stock Dean passive pickups which are good enough for everything, and there's a basic 3-way Switch, master volume, and master tone. The new version of this guitar features Dean Time Capsule pickups, but the model I got has generic Dean pickups, but they're still good. The tuners are Grover and they provide great tuning stability. I got mine with a soft case from the shop.

CarvinDC127
    thenewsickness wrote: anyone know anything about the resurrection model vendetta?
    Im guessing its great i havent played it but it has a set neck and since its a vendetta its bound to be great...but i would recommend that you get that Vendetta Revenge instead. its graphics are made by the same artist and it has a neck thru design.