Vendetta 4.0 review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta 4.0

Price paid: C$ 800

Purchased from: 53rd Street Music

The sound of this guitar is amazing, it has a very rich tone, amazing for clean riffs, but when I crank the distortion it didn't disappoint. I play rock/metalcore and it has a very broad range from what I have tried with the original pickups. Like I said I had a hard time thinking about changing them. The only area it seems to lack in is the really raw tone that you would get from a metal guitar. I play this through a Marshall Avt 150 and Peavy 4x12. And the tone is better than any of my jacksons or bc rich guitars.

What can I say, after owning Gibson, Epiphone, B.C. Rich, Jackson, Fender, Schecter and Ibanez guitars, I think I will go with Dean from now on. Just because there is no such thing as a perfect guitar for everything, but for rock-metal-hint of death metal kind of stuff, this guitar pulls it off better than anything I have ever had or tried. Even with its conservative design it still pulls off the metal look, In fact if I ever were to need another guitar for a different tuning or anything like that I would buy another one of these.

In the past 6 months this guitar has been through 8 shows, dropped, smashed into a bass, accidentally left in the vehicle for a week straight with Alberta climate changes and it still has a perfectly straight neck, and sounds the same as the day I bought it. I have basically played the hell out of it and it stands up to all of it. And It is currently the only one I bring to a show because when you pick up this guitar, you just know from the feel of it that it was built to Last.

As for the action, it didn't suit my needs when I bought it because our band tunes to drop C#, but it was easy to set up for that if you have experience setting intonation and tuning with a floyd rose. I had to learn because I have 3 guitars with them. Otherwise it came with no problems, setup in E Standard and perfect for that tuning.

For The Vendetta 4F. I picked up this guitar about 6 months ago after dropping my Warlock for its last time. This guitar rocks grover machine heads, black nickle hardware and Dean DMT pickups, which I had to really contemplate long and hard about changing to my emg's. It has 24 frets which when set up for the proper tuning all sound perfect. It also uses a neck thru neck design with a solid mahogany body. This version also comes with some wicked pearl evil eye inlays. It also comes with an original Floyd Rose bridge and locking nut. Some features that I really liked about this guitar were the input jack which is about an inch long and solid as hell so no more flimsy jack syndrome and constantly tightening the outer nut on it. It also has the 3 connection setup which means that for active pickups you don't have to change it out. The finish is stunning as well with the "Trans Black".