Vendetta VNXM 7 String review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta VNXM 7 String

I play just about every style of music except for pop. This guitar does it all. I run it through a Boss GT-10 pedal board and a peavy bass amp. Its built for metal but if you run it through with nothing but an equalizer and a little verb the clean is near heavenly. The 7th string allows not only for a little more bass without drop tuning but also allows for more chord inversions and voicings which is essential for all styles of music. By itself if and an amp, (with no effects) the note clarity is amazing. The tone range is not a wide as other guitars but its enough to where you can here it.

This guitar fits every style of music. I've been playing for 3 years and I own an array of guitars and this by far is my favorite one to play. I do have to give credit to the GT-10 though. It can make a bad guitar sound good and a good guitar, like this one, sound amazing. I would buy this guitar a 100 times over and over again if I ever broke or for some reason lost it. I beleive there is no better electric guitar under $750.

I play live on a local radio station, with a live audience of about 50-70, in a church band every week for about the past year. The electronics have stayed solid and I've never even had a problem with the output jack coming loose. I have never dropped it so I can't say anything about how well it will hold up. The strap buttons I replaced with strap locks (only out of prefferance) and then less than a month later, the bottem one fell out. Wood filler quickly fixxed the problem. Other than that I have never had a problem with it. I would go to a gig without a back up no problem. If you take care of this guitar it will take even better care of you.

The intonation was the only problem I had when I first got this guitar. That is easily fixxed and if you don't know how to work a Tune-o-matic Bridge guitar center can do it for you for $20. The action on the guitar is unbeleivable, with no fret buzz on any of the frets, on any of the strings when you play it. My favorite thing about this guitar is how light it is. I would say its 3-4 pounds at the most. It does take some getting use to the 7th string but once you do, its well worth it. The guitar is not one of the coolest looking guitars but I care more about how it plays than how it looks. Looks can be changed by any good artist.

Solid, sculpted wood body Thin Bolt-on maple neck 24 frets Rosewood fretboard two Dual Dean open-coil humbuckers String-thru body Die cast tuners Tune-o-matic-style bridge one volume and one tone knob three-way selector switch 4 + 3 non-locking tuners

krvolok
    zirkonflex wrote: You played a 7string in a church band ?
    Does not specify what kind of a church,if you understand me...
    crackjunior1
    krvolok : zirkonflex wrote: You played a 7string in a church band ? Does not specify what kind of a church,if you understand me...
    Lmao at this!^
    Breakdownlulz
    That's funny.. I've played this guitar before. It plays terrible, looks terrible and sounds terrible.
    SilverSpurs616
    krvolok wrote: zirkonflex wrote: You played a 7string in a church band ? Does not specify what kind of a church,if you understand me...
    Quite possibly the best thing I have ever read on here!
    mydian
    might as well add 1 more 7 for good luck oops should be able to edit comments.
    AAleadguitar
    my church band isn't quite what you would expect it to be. i also play stuff like unearth and it works great. as for the sound goes i have no clue what you are talking about because this is one of the best guitars i have played that aren't super expencive.
    adrinhxc
    @AAleadguitar i guess you own some pretty shitty guitars bro, cause ive played this at guitar center with a peavey 6505 and it sounded terrible, i had the head dialed in prefectly, but the guitar just ruined it, had nasty fret buzz(GC's fault) the PUPS were shit, the wood felt extremly cheap, i was scared to put it down cause i thought id crack it. this is by far, one of the worst 7's ive played.
    krayter
    this guitar sucks and pickups were weak. body is wayyyy too light to get any good tone out of it
    powley293
    I've played this. It's awful. I get the feeling the meeting about selling this thing went: 'Wow this guitar's terrible.' 'Got it. Put another string on!' 'Genius.' No, Dean. No.
    AAleadguitar
    did you get it set it up before playing it? mine sucked until i got it set up but after that it was great