Vendetta XM review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta XM

Not really the best choice for me, but still very nice. Has a real good sustain for metal and stuff and a good full sound for like blues or jazz or something. My only thing is that it's not too bright. That's really the only sort of stuff that doesn't sound that awesome on this bad boy. You don't get much noise, if any, and overall it's a good general guitar. Especially for metal.

Overall, not perfectly me as to the richer sound, but ya know, I really love the thing. I haven't been playing forever, but I've played a lot of guitars and this one is good quality, cheap, and versatile. For someone just starting, it's a perfect guitar. If you are low on budget and need a new axe, it's perfect. I've played all the other guitars in the price range; squires, epiphones, yamahas, the whole deal and this is absolutely the best for beginners and cheapies. I love this thing and I'd never get rid of it.

I don't play Live, so I can't really say for sure, but I do know my guitar. I know that I've had it for eight months, it has one chip in it when it took a little tumble off of a table and everything else is still like I bought it. I've banged it on walls, knocked it over, all sorts o' stuff and still she's a beauty. I don't think I'll ever really need to do anything with it. It's pretty good in the durability area.

Excellent action, no real problems with it. I didn't have to really change too much when I got it. I know some other people with 'em, so I know what problems people run into with this thing. Finish errors (I have some chips and some weird spots on mine), issues with the tuning pegs (loose, even had a cracked one on a buddy's), and the knobs tend to come loose along with the nut on the jack. All I did was replace the nuts and it was good to go. Overall, pretty well put together.

My bad boy is a 2004. Got 24 frets, really nice. I have the natural finish on mine, very nice. Has the three way Switch, volume, and tone knobs with two humbucking pickups. Has grover tuners. Now that tehe list of things is done, the review. I absolutely love this thing. Pretty much a beginner guitar, but really the nicest one out there. Pretty close in pricing to things like squiers or jump packs but this blows them away in quality. The design is excellent for metal, harder rock, even some more blusey stuff sounds nice. But, it's not exactly perfect. It is, after all, a beginner guitar. So, it's not flawless in quality.