Vendetta XM review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta XM

Do not buy this guitar if you're not intrested in playing metal or blues-ish type music. Also, when unplugged it sounds rather good and projected. I've used it on a 15w Ibanez guitar amp, it distorts pretty well on the distortion setting, without distortion it sounds bluesy. I'm sure on other amps it verys, but with cheap amps it works just as well. When I first bought it, it was not noisy and had a bright full sound, after about a month the cable input seemed loose and clicked in and out after tightening it still seemed to glitch in and out and seemed very noisy.

It's a great cheap guitar, it's just not a 'playing in front of millions' guitar. It's great with practice, and it fits a definent metal/blues genre. I'm just getting into guitar, but have been a bassist for six years, I've been around guitars a lot, and there's better than this, but it's great for a starter guitar with bigger sound. I think I wish I could have played it a little bit and fooled around with it, then reliezing the knobs and the tuners being cheap. but it's still great. I Also wish it had more sound controls, and locking tuners, other than that it has pretty good features.

The Dean Vendetta XM will withstand a live playing show, for it is very light and easy to jump around and move with. Look into a upgrade on the strap knobs, even locks, this is because they're cheap and feel like plastic. This guitar is dependable, but it's definently the back up guitar, and the guitar is pretty durable, it's been dropped and hit a few times and the finish hasn't even knicked a bit.

The guitar was set up great at the factory I suppose. But, it was freshly taken out of a box and removed from paper and bubble wrap, and the fretboard seemed to be fraying at the end and had a lighter discoloration. Also, the pickups coil's seemed to be rusted, plus the control knobs were extremely loose, and once I opened the backframe I noticed they're not even screwed to the body, simply just hanging. While looking at images of the guitar online, it looks like it's made out of a nice wood finish, though the wood finish is just a holograph and it really is made of of cheaper light wood, but that really doesnt't make a difference, also, images online make it seem a lot lighter then it really is, the finish is actually really dark. and the Gray finish is possiblely considered to be black.

I Bought this guitar in late 2007, freshly unwrapped from Dean, it wasn't even hanging up in Guitar center yet. It came with a pack of D'Addarios, but it's extremely lightweight and easy to play and move around with. The Controls consist of Tone and Volume and are pretty well decent, though mine, as well as the other model on display, both of the control knobs seem very loose. Its body is representable of a Strat, it has a bolt on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, open coil duel humbuckers, and a string-thru body. The tuners also feel cheap, it goes with what the guitars worth, but they're non-locking and come untuned very easily.

boomersooner14
    I am waiting for my local music shop to receive the one I ordered. I have tried it at a local pawn shop and I was amazed at it's weight. It's so light. I will have to write a full review when I get it.
    unholy_love
    This guitar has the equal action of my Jackson Dinky. Best guitar you can buy for 100$.