Vendetta XM review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta XM

The Vendetta is made for metal. The pickups it comes with are god awful. I'm going to replace them with Seymour Duncans, but the range of style is pretty wide none the less. The bridge pickup (one I use the most), gives me a nice heavy and tick sound when distorted. Then I Switch to the clean channel and to the neck pickup and I get a warm acoustic feel. I use a DS-1 distortion pedal. I replaced the strings with Ernie Ball Slinky Top and Heavy Bottom strings (tuned to Drop C). I'm running it through a Crate GDT15R. The sounds are killer.

Again, I play metal (death, thrash). I am a bass player first, but I needed a guitar because no one around me can and I like to write my own music. I needed a guitar that can fill that spot. If it were lost or stolen, I'd have to get it back. I do love it. It fills my needs as a metal guitarist and that's all I can ask for.

This guitar, as I've said, is a great backup guitar. So if you use it as a primary axe, you'll need a back up. But this is in case of breaking strings. it's very light and the harware is questionable, but it's last long enough for me to assume that they will last longer. I use a locking strap. The guitar has a solid black finish and won't lave any fingerprints, looks like it will last.

The actions is great. The pickups are adjusted well, but as I've said, they aren't the best (not more then you can ask for, for the price). Everything seems fine on it. The volume knob did cut my sound though. Here is where you will see the one biggest flaw of this guitar. Using the volume knob excessively cut the wires leading to it and I had to take it in to get that fixed and re-tuned. Also when it arrived, there was a chip on it's headstock. Pissed me off a little.

This is a great starter guitar, hell it can even be used as a back up on stage. it's got a rosewood fretboard (24 frets) with a tune-o-matic bridge. Bolt on neck. it's got a paulownia body making it extremely light. 1 master volume 1 tone knob (2 total). All that topped off with open-coil humbuckers. The guitar came with an instrument cable. I got it in black.

redwolf206
    how the **** can it be the best youve ever played and your first ever ... queer bag
    It's the first he bought , he can play other guitars without buying them. Fucking idiots...
    badguitarist13
    bluntstrike wrote: great for both beginners and advanced players. . actually, this axe is the best among others within the price range of 200 and below. . got mine for 150. .
    same here. i got this guitar around a year and a half ago and as ive gotten better its still my #1. i love the thing.
    ESPMANIAC wrote: its made of cheap wood that dinks really easily.
    true, it is. so be carefull with it. the weight doesnt bother me b/c its so easy to carry. but i hit it on my wall and there is a tiny dent in mine on the back so if u treat it like crap it will look like crap.
    Imperial
    My friend has one, it's pretty good but i like mah Masterpiece Bich better.
    fretman5000
    My friend got one of these thinking it was the best bang 4 his buck. He loves it but when i played it, i hated it. Very cheap wood, tuners and pickups. The knobs fell off after two days of playing. The only nice thing was the 24 frets. Thats it. And its cheap as dirt. I reccomend a squier, ibanez, or epi. Not a cheap-ass dean.
    pig god 121
    This Vendetta XM is my first ever guitar, it's one of the best models I've played.