Vendetta XM review by Dean

Dean: Vendetta XM

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

I play a lot of Metallica and a lot of older rock, and this guitar sounds great. I just started playin and I'm using a Peavey audition 10w amp, and a DigiTech RP250 and I can get whatever sound I want out no problem. This guitar doesn't have a very good clean sound, with out the RP the guitar sounds real bluesy, and it has a nice metal sound.

I play metal and old rock mainly but sometimes I feel like playin blues and this guitar sounds great either way. I compared it to a Squier Strat and a Epiphone SG Special and this guitar blew both of them out of the water, and it costs less too!! So if you want to rock and can only spend about $150 dollars then get this guitar, you will not regret it. Even my uncle said it was a good guitar and he's been playin guitar for thirty years now!

I'm not sure wat to say here cause the most Live playing I've ever done was on top of my friends house but the strap buttons are really solid and the finish can withstand almost anything, 'cept for knives and guns, o' course. The hardware seems like it will hold up but the output jack is my only concern, cause it keeps comin loose.

When I unwrapped it Christmas morning the action was a little high and it wasn't intonated or tuned, at all! The only flaws mine has now are: the output jack keeps coming loose, and the fret board has some discoloration and 1 of the frets aren't shiny, but that's just cosmetic. The finish is incredible though, the headstock accidently met my ceiling fan while it was turned on, and the finish wasn't marked or anything, just some dust from the fan

Okay, this guitar looks pretty good, mine has like a flat black finish. It has 1 volume and 1 tone knob, and came with a cheap cable.The body looks like a Stratocaster and has a 24 fret neck meaning, you could play almost anything on it. It has 2 passive Dean designed open coil humbuckers. The tuners are non-locking economy style. The body is really lightwieght and the strap buttons are pretty solid. I have no idea when it was made but it was made in china.